Just got a used DC SE 20112760HP and question about parking brake adj and other stuff

RCountry2

Threads
  • / Just got a used DC SE 20112760HP and question about parking brake adj and other stuff
Hi just got a used 2012 (wrong year in title)... silver eagle with 27HP Generac motor that supposedly it has 747 hours but guy says hour meter died when he washed it the other day and now I'm finding some more issues I did not notice before hand.Noticed today that it has a tendency to roll forward some when in neutral and parking brake on when idling.Also I can push it manually when turned off and brake set.I see where in owners manual(downloaded one)it says to "Set the parking brake to off (handle down) If brake tension is equal on both sides of mower, perform steps 2 and 3 only. If brake tension is on only one side or the other" where am I (how am I ) checking tension? I'm hoping by just jacking up and spinning tire by hand and should feel a small resistance on each?...just like the old cars ebrakes on drums.

Also guy I got it from said he has a hour meter on order and that they told him when the new one gets installed it will retain all the old info ...bullshit right?

I've never have driven a zeroturn but I cannot get it to track straight but he had no issues and he had the handles even when going straight he even did some turns and both directions looked even.So maybe that just operator issue but I've been told to check the belt to see if its too loose.I found a video on YouTube of a guy adj it but he also says don't worry about getting it too tight...just how tight should it be? Manual says spring tension min 2 3/4" max 3" on idler I'm guessing that's just the measurement of over all spring length? Figure while I'm under it better check it also.

Oh one last thing is it suppose to beep when having key in run position (middle position)strangely manual says nothing about this...or I just over looked it.

Anything else I should check?He changed fluids and filter but also had too much in hydraulic tank and it was coming out of overflow hose.Motor looks clean but looks like someone had repainted the mower no rust anywhere not even on the springs and nuts,belts looks good and no oil leaks on motor. It did have a eletric lift but the actuator is gone (no biggy manual works)and the evap tank looks like its a 4" black pipe capped on both ends with the fitting/lines and all mounted on it...so guess thats not OEM either makes me wonder if someone rolled it as the top bar for the ROPS is gone...Ok thats all for now.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Just got a used DC SE 20112760HP and question about parking brake adj and other stuff
What iI tell my customers new to ZTRs to do is use your off hand only to change speed and do all of the steering with your dominant hand.
This mwans you will be doing some wider turns, but you won't be spinning 360's on your lawn digging nice little duck ponds with your tyres.
After a while you will develop the required muscle memory and without thinking you will be doing two handed turns.
But if you try to "think" your turns you will end up replanting all of HER flower beds.

RCountry2

Threads
What iI tell my customers new to ZTRs to do is use your off hand only to change speed and do all of the steering with your dominant hand.
This mwans you will be doing some wider turns, but you won't be spinning 360's on your lawn digging nice little duck ponds with your tyres.
After a while you will develop the required muscle memory and without thinking you will be doing two handed turns.
But if you try to "think" your turns you will end up replanting all of HER flower beds.

thanks for the info pretty much what guy at work said.

Also been adj the parking brakes on both sides and they both now holds in foward but not in reverse (pushing foward/reverse) gonna try and adj the nut on linkage next to handle and see how it goes as both sides feels about the same while spinning the tires by hand.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Jack it up and support it very well at all 4 corners.
There is some adjustments between the lap bars and the wheel motor control arms
Adjust them till there is no rotation when the bars are in the stop position.

Drum brakes do not work particularly well in reverse , if you have spent much time around boat launching ramps this would be apparent.

RCountry2

Threads
Well so far got parking brakes adj,found fixed small oil leak going to cooler,adj belts,changed filters,drained some hydo fluid out as tank had too much and was overflowing and tried adj for the steering but the centering dampers has too much slop new ones came in today but just too hot to work outside today..Found and order a battery strap as nothing there holding battery in place.

Oh another question...whats the correct level for the hydraulic fluid? I seen posts where they say about 1/2 inch below the baffle...is the baffle the horizontal plate about a inch below the fill hole or is there another baffle plate going vertical in tank(like on a septic tank)?

Last edited: