SCV61V-34V-EFI PTO Blows 20amp Fuse when I Engage

Imagepro

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello

Hope somebody knows. I have a Cheetah and when engaging the PTO it blows the 20amp fuse. Any ideas what could be the cause?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What blows fuses ?
Short circuits
So disconnect the clutch plug and try again.
Does not blow = short is in the clutch end
blows = short is in the mower end & most likely the switch

Check the clutch wires, the supports wear out & no one ever checks them except service technicians so the wires rub on the belt, wear through and pooooof all the smoke gets out.

Imagepro

Forum Newbie
Threads
What blows fuses ?
Short circuits
So disconnect the clutch plug and try again.
Does not blow = short is in the clutch end
blows = short is in the mower end & most likely the switch

Check the clutch wires, the supports wear out & no one ever checks them except service technicians so the wires rub on the belt, wear through and pooooof all the smoke gets out.

I am not sure how to label the fuse but there is a single 20 amp fuse and that is the one that blows it is under the seat. There is another set of 3 fuses that are mounted on the engine that are fine.

My mower only has 50 hours. I will see if I can figure out what you mean by clutch plug

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Power to the PTO clutch goes through the ignition switch
It is a circuit all by itself so if the fuse blows whenevr you energise the circuit there are only 2 items in there, the switch & the clutch
The switch is about $ 30 the clutch is about $ 300 .
In order to replace the drive belt you have to either remove the clutch or undo the wires that connect the clutch to the mower.
Funny enough there is a plug in this wire to facilitate it.
Some clutches have the plug built into the clutch , others have it in the middle of the wires that go from the clutch to the mower.
So you need to check the switch, the wire & the clutch.