Nuts

Nibs

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking for four lug nuts(7/16-14) for older model CC.
Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you are talking about the wheel nuts then they are std car parts or expensive mower parts but you will ned to find a car parts store with an attendant who knows what they heave & where it is.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you are talking about the wheel nuts then they are std car parts or expensive mower parts but you will ned to find a car parts store with an attendant who knows what they heave & where it is.

(7/16-14) I don't know about that, because that is a odd size. Worth a try anyways.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I took a sample to a nut & bolt shop.
They told me it fitted a Valiant ( locally rebadged Dodge ) and to go to the wreckers around the corner.
Got 4 new ones for $ 5 .
Cub wanted $ 2.45 each US + freight

Nibs

Forum Newbie
Threads
I took a sample to a nut & bolt shop.
They told me it fitted a Valiant ( locally rebadged Dodge ) and to go to the wreckers around the corner.
Got 4 new ones for $ 5 .
Cub wanted $ 2.45 each US + freight

Thanks, great idea. CC part is $4-5 each, not at auto parts, and trying to find a dead mower that can pull them off.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

I guess its just a little different in this country. As far as I know the Dodge Valiant takes a 7/16-20 not a 7/16-14. I might be wrong but I have never come across a car wheel stud that was not fine thread. Just maybe before my time as a mechanic?? I will still say its going to be very hard to find a car wheel nut 7/16-14. If that is the size go to Cub Cadet and just pay the price. Maybe being its just a slow speed mower you could buy the 7/16-20 nuts and run a 7/16-14 tap through them?? As I do recall in my earlier days coming across some left handed thread wheel nuts.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not cheap, and with freight will be even more. But...you only need four.

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/MTD-7123050.html

edit: I looked up shipping to my zip code--cheapest was $17!! Which will probably come in a US Postal padded envelope.

Keep looking. You can do better than that.

FWIW, they appear to be 7/16-14.