Snow Blower Attachment

cruzenmike

Threads
I just got a new Husqvarna garden tractor and have been thinking of getting a snow blower attachment instead of a blade to use this upcoming winter. I will definitely be getting one or the other. Options are a 42" manual lift snow blower, 42" electric lift snow blower and 50" electric lift snow blower. If anyone has used the Husqvarna attachments or similar and can share their experiences, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Mike

mowerman05

Threads
48 inch blower on a JD x320 manual lift works great, foot lift not a lever also has a helper spring. Never used a electric lift.

cruzenmike

Threads
48 inch blower on a JD x320 manual lift works great, foot lift not a lever also has a helper spring. Never used a electric lift.

I like the idea of the electric lift so that I don't have to adjust the skid shoes when going from my paved driveway to the gravel that I have to clear. I have to imagine that all of these attachments are somewhat similar and do a great job of moving snow; I mean, a 24hp snow blower!!

Diana Welch

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just got a new Husqvarna garden tractor and have been thinking of getting a snow blower attachment instead of a blade to use this upcoming winter. I will definitely be getting one or the other. Options are a 42" manual lift snow blower, 42" electric lift snow blower and 50" electric lift snow blower. If anyone has used the Husqvarna attachments or similar and can share their experiences, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Mike

What is the advantage of Husqqvarna Garden tractor to other tractors?

cruzenmike

Threads
What is the advantage of Husqqvarna Garden tractor to other tractors?

On this specific model it has the Tuff Torq K66 transmission with 1" axles and locking differential. It is also capable of producing 80% more axle torque than the K46 found in regular yard tractors. Not that a regular yard tractors cannot handle a snow blower attachment or blade, but this model is just better suited for handling a load on the front or back end.

AnnaM

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the same concern. I think I have to start a thread rather than hijacking this thread.

Last edited:

Captain Belly

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been trying to figure out what would work best on a gravel drive. I have a couple of big box store JDs that I thought about getting a blower for, but then I thought about just buying an ATV with a blade. I know the ATV with blade would cost, but would it be worth it in the long run? "Buy once, Cry once".............. ?

cruzenmike

Threads
I have been trying to figure out what would work best on a gravel drive. I have a couple of big box store JDs that I thought about getting a blower for, but then I thought about just buying an ATV with a blade. I know the ATV with blade would cost, but would it be worth it in the long run? "Buy once, Cry once".............. ?

I struggled with this whole situation. I ended up selling my garden tractor before I even put any hours on it because I started to realize that I would likely be asking too much of the thing by putting a huge blower on the front. The issue with the ATV for me personally is that I would not have many uses for it other than clearing snow and it represents a huge investment for something that will sit around a lot of the time. Also, with a blade you eventually run out of places to put snow. For example, we have received about 14 inches of snow in the past week where I live and unless I was pushing way off into the grass, I would be losing driveway each time I plowed. What I ended up doing is getting an Ariens Deluxe 28 snow blower. I set the skid shoes so that the skid plate is 1/4" off the ground and do my cement pad, then I raise them all the way up and do the gravel part of my driveway and the street. I have a cement pad that is 26'x80' and a gravel driveway that I clear 10'x125' plus I do another 10'x150 into the street (to the neighbor's driveway). All of that snow blowing takes me approximately 1-1.5 hours. I am okay with that, especially since I can relocate the snow out onto the lawn without having to buy some big fancy machine. With all of that being said, am I going to keep doing it this way forever? Probably now. I may consider trying the plow thing in the future, just have to make sure I have a mower robust enough to push one (Deere X590 for example) or if getting a quad, justify it with other needs to which I currently do not have.