Engine Curb Find ! - 20041 TORO 22" RWD Recycler

PUSH

Threads
Curb Find ! - 20041 TORO 22" RWD Recycler
A few months back I took home my 1st curb trashed mower a Craftsman 190cc FWD in bad shape - but salvageable with little effort or cost
it's missing a few things. so I've been on the look out for another donor curb find.
Went for a bike ride in my neighbor hood the other night and there is was 2 houses down from where i picked up the 1st mower. Same 190cc B&S , It looked so good I wasn't even sure it was trash at first but with an old hose and other trash piled around it - i was sure.
Gave it a pull and the motor had compression.. good compression and rolled freely too. Key Start with the key RWD went home got the Jeep and took it home. Have to sneak it in because the wife is still suspect about having yet another mower..now 3
but this one is like new.. and i think it was just fuel neglect and lack of maintenance

put a new plug in it..old plug looked original..but stil no go. just not getting fuel. primer bulb ok, but not drawing fuel. hooked up my Kayak fish finder 12v to it and it cranked but still no go.but good spark. Just glad the key start works. pulled all the covers off - filter clogged. sprayed the heck out it with Carb cleaner + removed the bowl ( tons of junk in the bowl) cleaned it + the jet - reassemble . then hit it with starter fluid. Jumped to life! both the key and the cord started it.. the primer bulb is working but not too well. and theres a slight miss

RWD works..and the tread is in good shape for a 2005. took it for a quick spin on my hill in front of the house and WOW - i'm seriously impressed by the personal pace and how fast this thing is - fastest mower ive ever used on the hill went up it with ease and dragged me all over the lawn.

Still have to address the carb over all - its in hard shape- pretty sure the float pin is stuck.
Since im new to the Toro - is there anything i should look out for or look closer at ??

Thanks
PUSH
IMG_4925.jpg
IMG_4871.jpgIMG_4931.jpgIMG_4928.jpgIMG_4932.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Curb Find ! - 20041 TORO 22" RWD Recycler
A few months back I took home my 1st curb trashed mower a Craftsman 190cc FWD in bad shape - but salvageable with little effort or cost
it's missing a few things. so I've been on the look out for another donor curb find.
Went for a bike ride in my neighbor hood the other night and there is was 2 houses down from where i picked up the 1st mower. Same 190cc B&S , It looked so good I wasn't even sure it was trash at first but with an old hose and other trash piled around it - i was sure.
Gave it a pull and the motor had compression.. good compression and rolled freely too. Key Start with the key RWD went home got the Jeep and took it home. Have to sneak it in because the wife is still suspect about having yet another mower..now 3
but this one is like new.. and i think it was just fuel neglect and lack of maintenance

put a new plug in it..old plug looked original..but stil no go. just not getting fuel. primer bulb ok, but not drawing fuel. hooked up my Kayak fish finder 12v to it and it cranked but still no go.but good spark. Just glad the key start works. pulled all the covers off - filter clogged. sprayed the heck out it with Carb cleaner + removed the bowl ( tons of junk in the bowl) cleaned it + the jet - reassemble . then hit it with starter fluid. Jumped to life! both the key and the cord started it.. the primer bulb is working but not too well. and theres a slight miss

RWD works..and the tread is in good shape for a 2005. took it for a quick spin on my hill in front of the house and WOW - i'm seriously impressed by the personal pace and how fast this thing is - fastest mower ive ever used on the hill went up it with ease and dragged me all over the lawn.

Still have to address the carb over all - its in hard shape- pretty sure the float pin is stuck.
Since im new to the Toro - is there anything i should look out for or look closer at ??

Thanks
PUSH
View attachment 33291
View attachment 33292View attachment 33293View attachment 33294View attachment 33295

Hey PUSH , bring my mower back !! THAT wasn't trash , I just left it to go to the bathroom , but then got busy with a leaking bathroom faucet, forgot about for awhile and when I returned it was GONE !!! And I see you're a Hammer N Screw-Driver mechanic ... N using a "fits-all wrench " ( crescent) on it too !! SHAME ALL OVER YOU !!! ( LOL )
Just kiddin, ( couldnt help myself..old age gets to us ya know ! )
You must be living "right" ... NICE FIND !! keep us up-dated on your progress , (with more pics) too .

!cid_qym49oD7lIEKu1QOQVZc.gif!cid_qym49oD7lIEKu1QOQVZc.gif

PUSH

Threads
Hey PUSH , bring my mower back !! THAT wasn't trash , I just left it to go to the bathroom , but then got busy with a leaking bathroom faucet, forgot about for awhile and when I returned it was GONE !!! And I see you're a Hammer N Screw-Driver mechanic ... N using a "fits-all wrench " ( crescent) on it too !! SHAME ALL OVER YOU !!! ( LOL )
Just kiddin, ( couldnt help myself..old age gets to us ya know ! )
You must be living "right" ... NICE FIND !! keep us up-dated on your progress , (with more pics) too .

View attachment 33297View attachment 33298

Ha too Funny - I still feel like I stole it.. and then after seeing the simple neglect.. its now a RESCUE! I was laughing as i was mowing the front lawn in the dark testing it- as it dragged me all over the place. Love At 1st Mow. . the hammer and crescent wrench were for the handle bracket that was bent way out of place allowing the right side of the handle to go beyond the stop. maybe that bend was the last stray for the owner as he tossed it to the curb. If my wife finds this thing I might be at the curb next..

PUSH

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ha too Funny - I still feel like I stole it.. and then after seeing the simple neglect.. its now a RESCUE! I was laughing as i was mowing the front lawn in the dark testing it- as it dragged me all over the place. Love At 1st Mow. . the hammer and crescent wrench were for the handle bracket that was bent way out of place allowing the right side of the handle to go beyond the stop. maybe that bend was the last stray for the owner as he tossed it to the curb. If my wife finds this thing I might be at the curb next..

PUSH

Whenever the wifey starts givin me SCHITT about MY stuff, I don't say anything, I just go to the bathroom, or her "personal area" on the vanity, or her pocket book, and pull out ...SOME ..REPEAT .. SOME of her cosmetics collection and ask why she NEEDS all this SCHITT !!! It works for me !!

PUSH

Threads
I have 10x more stuff than her a shed full - a single car garage full and 3/4 of the basement full - shes a saint for putting up with all of my crap. so it wouldn't work for me.

Used the TORO mower on the entire lawn yesterday, yep its fast. had some starting issues> if i stop it, 80% of the time,it wont kick over unless i prime it again. mowed it all in 2/3 the time it usually takes me. Its running hot and using more fuel than it should. Checked the oil - looks good but still going to change it as I think there is fuel in it.

Pulled out the other Curb find for a side by side - the Toro is just superior.
Had a mishap when the old filter got under it and chopped in 2

PUSH
IMG_4948.jpgIMG_4949.jpgIMG_4950.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
sounds like time to rebuild the carb. might wanna check your blade after your "mishap"

PUSH

Threads
sounds like time to rebuild the carb. might wanna check your blade after your "mishap"

Blades fine - but that carb is so rusted inside I'm opting for a new one. Just waiting for it to arrive as well as a new filter

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Blades fine - but that carb is so rusted inside I'm opting for a new one. Just waiting for it to arrive as well as a new filter

Do the WHOLE system BEFORE you install a new carb !! CLEAN the fuel tank, clean or replace fuel shut-off valve AND ALL fuel lines,... don't send dirty stuff into a new filter and new carb. ..get rid of the headaches !!

PUSH

Threads
Do the WHOLE system BEFORE you install a new carb !! CLEAN the fuel tank, clean or replace fuel shut-off valve AND ALL fuel lines,... don't send dirty stuff into a new filter and new carb. ..get rid of the headaches !!

After seeing that bowl...oh yeah new lines for sure - Just Went through a dead $$High pressure Fuel Pump$$ on my 4 stroke Outboard because of ethonal
IMG_4930.jpg

primerbulb120

Threads
Make sure you also remove the gas tank and rinse it out with fresh gas. :thumbsup: