Problems right out of the gagte

Jkarn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Recently purchased a Husqvarna MZT-52. The tracking/steering is off. Its brand new a month ago, but I bought it 100 miles away. I say this becasue its under warranty, but not real convenient. It dives hard left when levers our full forward. I tried several times to adjust according to the manual, but not much luck. It tells me to back both sides off flush with nut, then push full forward. Adjust right side in until it starts to veer right, which it dont. With left still at the starting point, adjusting right side all the way in, it never veer's right. Ive played with the adjustments several different ways, no luck. Its my first zero turn, and not familiar with any of the technology. If anyone has some insight on this, please advise me.

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi, Jeff. Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I'm going to move your thread over to our Husqvarna section to see if we can find you some advice.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Get under the mower and check that the belt is properly on the right pulley and not wedged between the pulley and the fan.
Also check that the tensioning arm is free to move and thus keep the belt tight.
Other than that looks like you have a long drive ahead of you.

cruzenmike

Threads
Have you tried making the adjustments with the wheels off the ground? There is a video online of a guy doing this with his Toro zero turn. The concept is that the drive wheels have absolutely no motion, even without a load while the tires are lifted off the ground. You simply block the front tires, lift the back off the ground and put up on jack stands. With the mower running (may need to disconnect seat switch), you pull you levers in from park and then adjust the hydrostatics so that both sit still. Then from here you can see how it tracks. Also, the only way to tell if it is actually tracking straight is to be on level cements and to have the throttle fu with both levers all the way forward. Also, check your bypass levers that allow you to push the mower and ensure that they are completely disengaged. Also check your tire pressure that both rears are exactly the same.

Jkarn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Get under the mower and check that the belt is properly on the right pulley and not wedged between the pulley and the fan.
Also check that the tensioning arm is free to move and thus keep the belt tight.
Other than that looks like you have a long drive ahead of you.

Thank you, will let you know

Jkarn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you tried making the adjustments with the wheels off the ground? There is a video online of a guy doing this with his Toro zero turn. The concept is that the drive wheels have absolutely no motion, even without a load while the tires are lifted off the ground. You simply block the front tires, lift the back off the ground and put up on jack stands. With the mower running (may need to disconnect seat switch), you pull you levers in from park and then adjust the hydrostatics so that both sit still. Then from here you can see how it tracks. Also, the only way to tell if it is actually tracking straight is to be on level cements and to have the throttle fu with both levers all the way forward. Also, check your bypass levers that allow you to push the mower and ensure that they are completely disengaged. Also check your tire pressure that both rears are exactly the same.

Interesting, I will check it all out and let you know
Thanks
Jeff

ntp

Forum Newbie
Threads
With a three year warranty, take it back to any Husqvarna dealer in your area. You don't need to take it to the dealer where it was purchased for warranty work.