HD 52 Hydro Service

bassadict69

Threads
I am at the 100 hour mark and the dealer is telling me I need to service my hydros, which they can do for $250. What all is involved with this? How difficult?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Never mind it is too early.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is a Hydro-Gear and easy to do. It is just a drain then fill with 20w 50 motor oil. Purge the air. hydro-gear.com has manuals with instructions. Just have to get model number off drives.

MOWHAPPY

Threads
I am at the 100 hour mark and the dealer is telling me I need to service my hydros, which they can do for $250. What all is involved with this? How difficult?

Check the manual. Some are recommended to be serviced (ie. oil and filter changed) around the first 75 hr mark. Then the next service should be a while out (eg 400 hr mark). This is only an example, so check the manual.

qikbbstang

Forum Newbie
Threads
You need to take the Dealer with a grain of rock-salt. Ironically I have the same dealer on my Honda and my Ariens that thus far I've had two very much legitimate warranty claims - one on each. The dealer simply refuses to do anything and comes up with his own rules that stated I did that voided the warranty.

Example on HONDA deck got rust holes through it after two-years of three-year warranty -- they said You mowed the grass after you fertilized it....

My Ariens with less than five hours broke the PTO belt when I engaged it... No Warranty a stick must have gotten into it.

bassadict69

Threads
I ended up doing this myself, following the directions and it was a breeze! I noticed the other day, there is only maybe a drop or two of fluid in each reservoir...is this normal? Or should it be at a certain level?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You need to take the Dealer with a grain of rock-salt. Ironically I have the same dealer on my Honda and my Ariens that thus far I've had two very much legitimate warranty claims - one on each. The dealer simply refuses to do anything and comes up with his own rules that stated I did that voided the warranty.

Example on HONDA deck got rust holes through it after two-years of three-year warranty -- they said You mowed the grass after you fertilized it....

My Ariens with less than five hours broke the PTO belt when I engaged it... No Warranty a stick must have gotten into it.

Not sure about Honda and rust but am certain the belt is not covered by warranty .
Belts & blades are never warranty items as they are consummables and that is universal across all brands.