Kohler Command Ignition coil swap

dougdw

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 20yr old Kohler Command engine.Recently one coil stopped firing so I went to the manual and ordered a coil using the part number from the manual.The coil I received was a different wiring configuration,and after some research it appears the oem coils are no longer made.It also appears I need a different wiring harness or convertion kit to make the new coils work.Ive been to countless web sites and I cant find either.Does anyone know where I can find it.Tried <justanswer> but that was a waste of time and money.Help would be greatly appreciated.

darrinster

Threads
You need to post the model number of the engine.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
How about the specification number so we can drill it down to the exact engine. Also do you have the speed advance module (SAM) and do you have the two or three wire ignition module What module does it call for in your manual by part number.

dougdw

Forum Newbie
Threads
How about the specification number so we can drill it down to the exact engine. Also do you have the speed advance module (SAM) and do you have the two or three wire ignition module What module does it call for in your manual by part number.

Mod.#CV22S.....Type#67529 It does have the SAM#24-584-05....Ignition Module#24-584-01...there are 2IMs...It is a 2 wire connection,small prong on left and large prong to the right of it,also plug wire exits IM on the right.All are on the top half of IM as it mounts to engine.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Per Kohler dealer site it appears you need the 24 584 36-s module. No conversion kit to the newer ignition available.

dougdw

Forum Newbie
Threads
Per Kohler dealer site it appears you need the 24 584 36-s module. No conversion kit to the newer ignition available.

Thanks greatly for your assistance,I will be looking into ordering these IMs.Thanks again