Bolens 16hp hydro drive 1994

bones 1975

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All
new member and hoping someone can help with advice
I have recently inherited a ride on mower along with property purchase here in France,i can find little to no information about the two bits of kit i have,i have zero experience with ride on mowers however i consider myself quite good at problem solving as i am a maintenance engineer.

Bolens mower model 13046 also branded garden way inc
garden way inc deck model 14052

mower is fitted with a briggs and stratton v twin motor which i have now repaired,simple fix ,new battery and starter motor gear replaced, basic service and its running sweet.
However I have two problems i cannot resolve:
deck will not lift from floor,lift lever has lots of spring tension but it does not seem to have any impact on the deck lifting or lowering,all fixings are in place and retained with pins but there is no movement under the machine at all,is there maybe a cable missing?having not seen a complete assembly or diagram before i cant be sure if somethings missing.

also i cannot find any reference for drive belt? as in transfer drive from motor pulley to the pulley on the deck, the deck is fitted with a belt as per diagram found on deck but i cannot see belt for transferring drive to the deck.

one other thing is i now live in rural France where service centers are far and few between and i am told they charge far to much for me to consider taking for repair,with the motor all sound and running sweet it will be a real shame if i cannot figure these minor issues out.

many thanks
Peter

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Download the manual.
You have the deluxe version with a height adjustment cam under the seat behind your legs, that big black knob with numbers on it.
You need to turn it to set the height then lower the blades, it is all in the owners manual.
Garden Way went the way of the Do Do so your mower is offically obsolete.
The transmission belt it up high out of the way and hard to see from the front.
Go to the back and feel on the top of the axel. You will feel a pulley with a belt on it.

bones 1975

Forum Newbie
Threads
Download the manual.
You have the deluxe version with a height adjustment cam under the seat behind your legs, that big black knob with numbers on it.
You need to turn it to set the height then lower the blades, it is all in the owners manual.
Garden Way went the way of the Do Do so your mower is offically obsolete.
The transmission belt it up high out of the way and hard to see from the front.
Go to the back and feel on the top of the axel. You will feel a pulley with a belt on it.

thanks for the reply, i found the manual previously,i'm missing something because i cant get the deck to shift at all
also i can find no reference to the belt number,it is missing from my unit,i can only guess it has been broken or lost at some point,as when i discovered it the deck had been removed.

regards
Peter

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The only listing I have is for a 13044 which looks like it might be the same
It is 1/2 " x 85" Inside length.
Double check bu getting some 1/2" diameter rope and running it around the pulleys according to the diagram in the owners manual.
With the brake on the rope should be slack with the brake off the spring should make the rope tight.
If there is a mower shop handy , ask them if they have an old broken belt that is 100" long ( they talk in meters so you will have to convert that )
I have no listing for that mower in any of my parts catalogues.
The 13044 was a lawn tractor which is essentially the same but made from lighter metal and generally with a weaker transmission but the spec sheet shows the same Eaton in both the 13044 & 13045
The 13044 also had a 16 Hp engine.
Best I can do unless some one with some old parts catalogues can look it up

deb2203

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I also have this mower model 13044 anyone know what the deck belts are i need. Also A diagram of pulleys and belt fitting. thanks in advance. I think I am also missing a spring or something that comes off a sm bar on the tensioner pulley

handyboynz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All.
I have a Bolens (Garden Way) LTX16 Twin Hydro with a 38" Deck.
I found this manual View attachment Bolens 13036 Manual 9af7e2b1-e55b-43f0-bd1b-69aae5ccde47.pdf which has a picture on the first page (cover) that looks like 'Humphrey' (my Bolens mower).
This may help some who are looking for a manual. The part numbers seem to match my mower.

I use a 77 1/4" x 1/2" belt for the deck.
I have replaced the Drive belt but will need to get the belt size from my garage workshop (off the replacement belt I bought for "in case") if anyone needs the info.
I have found SES Direct in Invercargil New Zealand to be extremely helpful when looking for parts.

handyboynz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I also have this mower model 13044 anyone know what the deck belts are i need. Also A diagram of pulleys and belt fitting. thanks in advance. I think I am also missing a spring or something that comes off a sm bar on the tensioner pulley

Hello Deb2203,
Here is a picture of the Deck Belt Schematic from my 38" deck (Garden Way 14112).20180407_123800.jpg
I use a 77 1/4" x 1/2" Belt for this deck.
There is a spring that pulls the tension pulley arm to a round head 'bolt' on the right rear mounting bracket - the red is a "Z" connector and the pink is the Spring.
20180407_123829_LI.jpg

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20180407_123718.jpg
    20180407_123718.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180407_123832.jpg
    20180407_123832.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 20

deb2203

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks have found what was required but now need to find pto switch. Will try suggested company. Thanks again