Hustler Fastrak Not Starting (Video)

imatexan

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Hustler suddenly wouldn't start a couple of days ago. I researched the possible problem online before joining this site and found one video on YouTube that someone else posted and shows EXACTLY what my mower is doing. It was left out in the rain a few days ago, but that's happened once or twice before the past few years with no problems. Below is the video I found which matches my problem....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7ESUdmcun0

Any help is appreciated. I've checked the battery and it's fine. Just doesn't sound like it's trying to turn over at all. Just the spinning/whine sound.

Thanks,

imatexan

turboawd

Threads
sounds like the starter is spinning but not engaging the engine.
try tapping on the starter??

imatexan

Forum Newbie
Threads
YESSSS!!!! Took 3 taps and it fired right up.:biggrin: Does this mean I need a new starter in the near future, or could something else (ie. rain) have caused the problem?

I can't thank you enough. I burst out laughing when it turned right over.:laughing:

Thanks again!

imatexan

turboawd

Threads
YESSSS!!!! Took 3 taps and it fired right up.:biggrin: Does this mean I need a new starter in the near future, or could something else (ie. rain) have caused the problem?

I can't thank you enough. I burst out laughing when it turned right over.:laughing:

Thanks again!

imatexan

good to hear. probably got a little corrosion inside the starter from the rain??
i'd spray some wd40 inside the starter. or open it and clean and lube it. or do nothing until it stops again. :rolleyes: worst case replace it.

and post a message on that video for others to see the cause.

imatexan

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'll definitely post a video when I get it opened up and check it out.

Again, I really appreciate it!

imatexan