New Husqvarna Owner

cruzenmike

Threads
Hello all. Purchased a GT48DXLS today. This will be a backup mower to my Lazer Z and it will also get used for doing chores around the yard. It took months to decide to buy it and when I finally made up my mind I could not find one due to it being a spring order, limited release. When I thought all hope was lost, a friendly associate at the local Family Farm and Home tracked one down in a store a couple of hours away. Even more surprising, it was still in a crate. I headed out immediately to purchase it. Needless to say, I am excited to start using it. Plans include a 48" steel roller, 12.5 cu ft poly cart, snow blower attachment and maybe a mulch kit? Anyway, I look forward to sharing experiences with this model as I get to use it.

Mike

Threads
Hello all. Purchased a GT48DXLS today. This will be a backup mower to my Lazer Z and it will also get used for doing chores around the yard. It took months to decide to buy it and when I finally made up my mind I could not find one due to it being a spring order, limited release. When I thought all hope was lost, a friendly associate at the local Family Farm and Home tracked one down in a store a couple of hours away. Even more surprising, it was still in a crate. I headed out immediately to purchase it. Needless to say, I am excited to start using it. Plans include a 48" steel roller, 12.5 cu ft poly cart, snow blower attachment and maybe a mulch kit? Anyway, I look forward to sharing experiences with this model as I get to use it.

Mike

Husquavarna makes fairly descent machines. Personally, I would take that thing back immediately. In over thirty years of my landscaping experience, I have never seen a Husky that has held up for more than five years without massive amounts of maintenance and repair. I have now had my Kgro for 18 years and it is still as strong as a two-peckered bull. That Husky is quite overpriced and not a true workhorse, but it sounds like you are doing light duty work so you should be ok, but the price to performance ratio!!! I have very few machines, all of which are over 15 years old, to run my business and maintain my pasture/chicken farm. A few good quality machines that are inexpensive in comparison will get you much further around the homestead. Think about the long run!

cruzenmike

Threads
Husquavarna makes fairly descent machines. Personally, I would take that thing back immediately. In over thirty years of my landscaping experience, I have never seen a Husky that has held up for more than five years without massive amounts of maintenance and repair. I have now had my Kgro for 18 years and it is still as strong as a two-peckered bull. That Husky is quite overpriced and not a true workhorse, but it sounds like you are doing light duty work so you should be ok, but the price to performance ratio!!! I have very few machines, all of which are over 15 years old, to run my business and maintain my pasture/chicken farm. A few good quality machines that are inexpensive in comparison will get you much further around the homestead. Think about the long run!

I cannot complain about the value this machine represents; FR730V, K66 locker, Lifetime Warranty on fabricated deck. There is no better machine for the price! I could have surely stepped up into a more expensive or better equipped machine, but this is not my only cutting machine and will definitely work for the things that I need it to do. I perform maintenance on all my equipment as recommended by the manufacturer, use only ethanol free fuel, always store indoors, clean after every use and don't abuse when using. With only 20-30 hours per year of anticipated use and my tendency to baby my stuff, I don't expect to have any issues!

Threads
I cannot complain about the value this machine represents; FR730V, K66 locker, Lifetime Warranty on fabricated deck. There is no better machine for the price! I could have surely stepped up into a more expensive or better equipped machine, but this is not my only cutting machine and will definitely work for the things that I need it to do. I perform maintenance on all my equipment as recommended by the manufacturer, use only ethanol free fuel, always store indoors, clean after every use and don't abuse when using. With only 20-30 hours per year of anticipated use and my tendency to baby my stuff, I don't expect to have any issues!

I am just curious as to why you need a back-up mower when you are only putting 20-30 hours per year on your machines. I'm not trying to pry too much, I just don't want to see an amateur lawn mowing enthusiast miss out on opportunities to have an array of quality machines in their arsenal as opposed to multiples of the same machine. Have you looked into ATV's for snow removal and farm duties throughout the winter months? I think that would be a much more worthy investment than putting accessories on a riding mower. I have done some heavy duty snow removal with my Kgro and it did pretty well, however my ATV is more efficient for towing and using attachments. I have a mobile chicken coop trailer that weighs in excess of 2,000lbs and the ATV hauls that bad boy around the farm no problem. Look into your options, there are plenty. Maximize your price to performance ratio and it will improve your overall quality of life.

cruzenmike

Threads
I am just curious as to why you need a back-up mower when you are only putting 20-30 hours per year on your machines. I'm not trying to pry too much, I just don't want to see an amateur lawn mowing enthusiast miss out on opportunities to have an array of quality machines in their arsenal as opposed to multiples of the same machine. Have you looked into ATV's for snow removal and farm duties throughout the winter months? I think that would be a much more worthy investment than putting accessories on a riding mower. I have done some heavy duty snow removal with my Kgro and it did pretty well, however my ATV is more efficient for towing and using attachments. I have a mobile chicken coop trailer that weighs in excess of 2,000lbs and the ATV hauls that bad boy around the farm no problem. Look into your options, there are plenty. Maximize your price to performance ratio and it will improve your overall quality of life.

The machine I currently use for cutting grass is a 2006 eXmark Lazer Z that has about 500 hours on it. The machine cuts perfectly and fits my needs. But as I just learned after a trip to the repair shop, it is nice to have a machine to use as a backup when needed. To start, the eXmark was given to me and in working order is worth more than my new Husqvarna. Besides, I cannot sell it as it was a gift. Then there are the other things I need out of a machine: I have a 12.5 cu. Ft. Poly wagon with a 1000lb capacity, a 920 lb roller and a 48" plug aerator. All three of these attachments are well within the capabilities of my Husqvarna give my completely flat yard and the limited use they will get. As for snow removal, I was using a Cub Cadet LTX1050 with a plow without any issues this past winter, so I have considered using the factor plow or Nordic with the Husqvarna this coming winter. The snow blower attachment from Husqvarna or Bercomac appear to work well also. I have a 125' driveway to clear and a small pad of cement in front of my garages. If this winter is anything like last winter, I don't think it will get much use. As for why I picked this machine over something else, it all came down to the cost. I had looked at a subcompact from Kubota, Mahindra, Deere and alike. To have everything I need from one of those, I was going to speed 3-4x as much. Yes in the end they would last longer and hold their value better, but I just cannot afford one for now. If in two or three years I am in a better position financially I will certainly consider something more robust. Short of the eXmark which was given to me, I only purchase new equipment. I have three years of warranty on the Husqvarna so for a while I can just see how it goes.