Cub Cadet garden tractor with 25 hp Kohler engine 7000

Gdahmke

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Cub Cadet garden tractor with 25 hp Kohler engine 7000
This outfit is 1 year old. There is no problem with this until I engage the mower deck. It runs well for a while and suddenly seems to load up and start to cut out. If I disengage the mower deck and throw the accelerator into choke it chugs and putts and kicks back in, at which time I can once again engage the mower deck. This goes on continually until I get my mowing done. A repair man suggested it may be governor, push rods or coil. Please advise if possible.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Has the warranty expired? If not, I'd let them mess with it.

If it has, I think your problem is carburetor related, not governor, push rods or coil.

Gdahmke

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has the warranty expired? If not, I'd let them mess with it.

If it has, I think your problem is carburetor related, not governor, push rods or coil.

That is what I thought from the beginning that it was carburetor related and yes it is still under warranty. Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is what I thought from the beginning that it was carburetor related and yes it is still under warranty. Thanks.

There was a problem with the castings of some 7000 series mowers, so get it back to the dealer quick smart just in case you have a dud engine