Repairs steering

rob56

Forum Newbie
Threads
newbie here, had to repair bent tie rod on mtd yard machine and when i put it back on it does'nt turn with equal range from left to right,any help out there would be forever in your debt,

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
newbie here, had to repair bent tie rod on mtd yard machine and when i put it back on it does'nt turn with equal range from left to right,any help out there would be forever in your debt,

Not much choice, either re-bend it or the better way is to replace it, may have weak'nd it during initial bending or during repair, even at mower speed , if it broke, it may cause ya to wet your pants...or worse ..!!

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not much choice, either re-bend it or the better way is to replace it, may have weak'nd it during initial bending or during repair, even at mower speed , if it broke, it may cause ya to wet your pants...or worse ..!!
LMAO......................................Look out for that tree!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

OK, so this is how I fix this. Start by removing all drag links from steering. Leave connected to wheels. Turn steering wheels all the way left. Then turn all way to the right to stop. Count number of turns the turn back to left half of the turns. Adjust drag links to fit back on to where steering is now. If your tie rods are not adjustable all you can do is replace or bend till the fit. I would replace.