Repairs Simplicity 20/50 Kohler 1694455 Working the bugs out

U

unclecrash

• / Simplicity 20/50 Kohler 1694455 Working the bugs out
Oil change help

Wondering how i get the oilout of my 20 hhp without it running all over the place it looks like there is just a plug and and oil filter none of the tube quick change stuff where you just twist it open.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: Oil change help

Wondering how i get the oilout of my 20 hhp without it running all over the place it looks like there is just a plug and and oil filter none of the tube quick change stuff where you just twist it open.

Use a pump like I do.
buy one of the "Quick Change " "Clean Change" systems and fit it when the oil is out.
As for the filter, make a funnel or scoop or tray out of an old milk bottle, pop bottle, juice bottle, oil bottle etc etc etc.
I must have 20 of them for various different mowers.
One of the reasons I likes the Courage engine as it was the only one with a hang down , thus clean change oil filter that you can fill with clean oil when doing a change.

U

unclecrash

Thank's I got me a suction pump. Then fitted with a swing deal. Now Im wondering about my trans as I go up small incline in my yard mower slows wondering if its a bad belt as I notice one side is weaker than the other when side hilling hard to mow. Was reading as one side will be weaker when the belt starts wearing and slippage occurs my question would it be the left that gets worse first if this is the problem. Was going to change out the trans oil but not sure if I should after talking to the guy at the local shop says he would go the belt route first . but still want to change the oil out its way darker than last year. Not sure if its oil or trans hydro fluid.