Repairs Cub Cadet 2135 No Current To Solenoid

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As you seem to have little understanding of mower electronics start by downloading the Briggs & Stratton "Engine Alternator Replacement Guide" from the briggs & stratton web site as a free download.
This will explain clearly how ALL MOWERS ARE WIRED and in particular how IGNITION SWITCHES are wired and how they connect internally.
Basically all are the same save a few who pop in a relay or three just to confuse you

The switch in your photo is not a Cub Cadet switch and your wiring looks like it was one by Ben the Butcher's apprentice.
The wiring from the engine plug to the various parts connected to the engine is a Kohler item and is explained in the Kohler Service manual available from Kohler as a free download.

Cub wiring diagrams for the 2000 series are bit thin on the ground.
The late model 2000 service manual has wiring diagrams for latter models which are almost the same as yours but use a different switch,
This is also available on the Cub web site as a free download.
The plug for your switch is a Cub part and not available except as part of a new loom and to be truthful, that is the way I would go with your mower.
Those Cubs are excellent mowers being a full on commercial build and will last for decades.

Some old school auto electricials will have assortments of plugs, but in the "just swap out parts" days they are getting thin on the ground.

Once you have read the Briggs manual you will see why some wires have power and some wires do not.

Getting at Cub wiring is difficult, you have to remove the floor & rear fenders to get at the brake switch properly and remove that mesh grill to get at the rest unless you sleep in a coffin and can hang upside down from the rafters for hours.
I service a lot of these Cubs and have been actively buying, rebuilding and selling them as guaranteed used mowers for the last 3 years and every single one I have bought had butchered wiring.
And every single one I sold has the wiring restored to original with the exception of the output wire from the rectifier and the power feed to the PTO which both get fuses.
Your mystery fuse will most likely be the alternator feed wire which will only show power when the alternator is generating.
The tiny voltage is back feed through the rectifier and while not good , is fairly normal.
With the corrosion on those terminals. I am surprised it ran at all.
These were professional level mowers designed to be used by professionals who understand what routine maintenance is, a concept which seem to be beyond the intellectual capacity of all domestic users.

All of the above can also be downloaded from http://www.mymowerparts.com/about_us.php
Click on the free manuals section in the red navigation bar then navigate to the various makers.
Don't come back & ask which ones are what, I can not remember but all of them are free

If you are still confused Toro do a wonderful manual appropriately called "The Demystification Guide", while specific to TORO, as said before, all mowers use the same basic wiring and it is written down to a 10 y/o understanding level.
It is a sad enditement on the USA Education system that simple circuits that down here are manditory for 12 y/o in junior high school are totally beyond the understanding of the average American mower owner

spirittoo

Threads
Thank you for the info ... I will look where you said to get a service manual for my machine ... unfortunately the us government actively works to dumb us down, and is quite effective. Most of my education I got from the net and not in a school. Of course school for me was many years ago. Thanks to forums like this one I have learn quite a lot.:thumbsup:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't give-up spirit, lets see if we can get you some help from the guys here !!
First , ..we need the model numbers of BOTH your mower and engine.. (see example)

GET INFO.JPG

the numbers should be on a sticker under the seat , (see link)
http://www.mtdparts.com/equipment/mtdparts/find-model

AND , the engine information should be on a sticker or plate ON the engine itself.

once we have this information we can determine a lot of useful info. about the mower, we can locate the correct service AND parts manuals , this will be a good starting point, and you will need the info. when you have to get parts or service the machine. ..:thumbsup: ..:smile

OH BOY ..it looks like BERT and I posted at the same time, SORRY ,these things happen , anyway I will drop off and let a smarter man than myself handle this, ( I would still get & post the info. ( it WILL help ) ...Boobala

spirittoo

Threads
My information isn't on the bottom of my seat as you can see in a photo I posted earlier. Where else could it be? I checked the whole tractor and I can't find it. I can give you plenty of info on the engine
FAMILY SKH398U1G2RA
MODEL NO CH 13S
SPEC NO 22508
DISPL (CC)398
SERIAL NO 2705208184

Thanks for those links.:thumbsup:

The tractor started and ran okay again today. I didn't have any problems with the PTO disengaging this time. My problem is WHY? Why is it running now? Right after I cleaned the terminals on the ignition switch and the clips on the wires it would not start. Why did it start later? Do you think I should replace the ignition switch?:confused:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK Spirit, jumped ahead and got your owners manual and your mowers service manual, Get a comfy chair ya got a lot of reading to
catch up on ( LOL ) you should find help here , page 268 of the service manual starts the wiring diagrams, be sure you choose the RIGHT ONE for YOUR mower !!! Also I screwed up about your mower info sticker, look in the first few pages of the OWNERS MANUAL for location of info sticker, IF you need further assistance I'm sure Bert is following this thread , he's a good man !

http://www.cubcadet.info/Manuels/-Annee_inconnue/2130-2135-(--)-Owner.pdf

https://data2.manualslib.com/pdf5/1...det/2130.pdf?61b991e28284cd599cd42fcf0dce8805

spirittoo

Threads
Boobala thank you sooooooo much for those links ... especially that service manual:thumbsup: If you would allow an old woman to give you a hug I certainly would:dance1: I found the info on the tractor as you can see in the photo.

Attachments

• P1030720.JPG
    P1030720.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 5
  • P1030722.JPG
    P1030722.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 5

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Boobala thank you sooooooo much for those links ... especially that service manual:thumbsup: If you would allow an old woman to give you a hug I certainly would:dance1: I found the info on the tractor as you can see in the photo.

EXCELLENT ...YOUNG LADY !! I might suggest you keep a copy of those numbers in a safe keeping place, and if you have a printer, you might care to start a folder with printed info. of everything about your machine, if you plan on keeping it for awhile, might come in VERY handy "down the road" ...even if you plan to sell it some day. Hope you get this issue straightened out soon, keep us up-dated, OHhhh yeah a hug back !! ..:giggle::thumbsup:

papathud

Forum Newbie
Threads
without committing to weighing in here, as an electrician for over 30 years and a poor fix it myself landowner for as many. one thing ive found is that you dont really want to whip out the digital meter unless you have a lot of experience with one. a test lite will usually lead you to a problem or to a point where you can, then put a meter to it. anything that will lite your test lite good and steady , will usually suffice to do the job at the point your checking. you seem like a smart guy, step back and take a breath, youll get it.