Repairs Cub Cadet 2135 No Current To Solenoid

spirittoo

Threads
I was checking for volt reading on the fuses ... the 25Amp has a constant 12v with the key on or off on both ends. The other fuse has no reading with the key off and a little more than half a volt on one end with the key on. While checking for voltage I turn the key to start and it started on its own. I have no idea why, but the PTO still will not engage. I believe those wire from the fuses goes to the ignition switch. You can see in the photo there is a junction. I get 12v on two of the terminals on the ignition and .15v on the clip with the key turn on. Nothing with the key off on that clip. Just want you to have this information.

Attachments

• P1030710.JPG
    P1030710.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 8
  • P1030712.JPG
    P1030712.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 9
  • P1030713.JPG
    P1030713.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 7

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please don't get mad at me, but I am not standing next to your unit. I can't see what you are doing and that is why I ask you to reread the last two paragraphs of the procedure. Unless I or the other techs on this forum have a good picture of what you are doing and the results of each test, we are only guessing how to proceed. Electrical troubleshooting MUST be done in an exact order, if not done that way you just keep going in circles. Second, you must solve the starting problem first before you can solve the PTO problem. Stick to one job and don't jump between the two. At this point I am getting more confused as to what is wrong, because you keep jumping around and if you can't help me with a better picture, I won't be able to help you. Please start over and let's solve this the right way together.

spirittoo

Threads
I'm not trying to jump around I just wanted you to have the info about the tractor starting on its own now and I don't have any idea why. I tried to give all the results of the test as accurately as I can. You didn't tell me what I missed only it has to be done a certain way. I followed your instructions the best I could and gave the results. You have to tell me what it is I'm leaving out, because I don't see it.
I am posting photos to give you a better idea what I am dealing with. I thought that would help.:confused3:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'll be right to the point, I asked for test results! The procedure says to post back the test results from each test and without them I don't know if you even did the test. You said the unit started on it's own, what test were you doing, did it do it only once??? Photos are good, but they only tell me the setup for your unit, not really info I can use. Finally, I don't feel you understand how the three electrical systems ( starting, ignition and PTO ) work together and separately on your unit. That means it is even harder for the two of us to communicate. You want me to say this part is bad or give you a quick solution, electrical problems normally don't work that way. They fight you to the bitter end. I'm at a loss as to what else I can suggest you do, other than what I have said earlier. How would you like me to proceed? I'll help if I understand what is happening.

spirittoo

Threads
I posted the test results ... I don't understand why you don't see them ...
readings post
Yes I stated before the mower will now start on its own and continues to do so... so far ... I stated what I was doing when it happen ...
what I was doing when engine started on its own
I would like to proceed by you stating what info I didn't give. Please check the links I provided and tell me what is missing.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, I am not going to be able to help you solve this problem, because at this point I don't know what the problem is at this time. Your original problem was no current at solenoid, but now you state your unit starts each attempt. Problem solved. You say that you have provided answers to the info I requested. It must be in a form I do not understand and there is not one link I can find (besides photos) that tells me where to look. Because we definitely are no where close to understanding each other, I am going to back out of this thread, and I hope there is someone else out there who can see you through this. Good Luck.

spirittoo

Threads
Thank you for your time Rivet ...

For those that think they can help me I wonder if you could tell me something about my ignition plug. I believe the black and red wires going into the plug are from the 25 amp fuse ... I get a reading of 12.5 v from both the black and red at the fuse, however at the plug shown I only get a reading from the black wire ... the plug that looks fried ... when I touch the plug, but not the red and I think I should.

Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement for this plug and if I am correct about there needing to be a reading on the red wire plug? Can anyone tell me where I can get a schematic on the electrical of this engine?:confused3:

Thanks for reading my post.

Attachments

• P1030714.JPG
    P1030714.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 5
  • P1030715.JPG
    P1030715.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 5

spirittoo

Threads
Thank you for the link ... I'll have to see if there is some kind of video out there to show me how to replace the harness if it comes to that. I removed the plugs from the module and hooked them directly to the ignition switch ... still no go. Anyone know how to remove the ignition switch from this model? Not sure how to get to the nut to release it.

Attachments

• P1030719.JPG
    P1030719.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 2

spirittoo

Threads
Wellsir ... I was watching this video about electrical troubleshooting and I went out to see if I could hear the PTO trying to engage. I was going to see if I could get some volt reading.

Wellsir ... it started ... so I thought okay this again ... so I sat on the seat and pull the PTO switch and it came on! :confused2: I didn't question it.:confused3: I just started cutting the grass and hoped it would last long enough. The PTO disengaged 4 different times, but each time I was able to push in the switch in pull it back out and the PTO would engage.:banana:

Thankfully it lasted long enough to get the grass cut. I just bought myself some more time to figure out exactly what is the problem. Now the pressure is off a bit ... I bought myself a week to 10 days to figure out the problem.

I ran out of daylight ... so I will see if it will start again tomorrow and we will take it from there.