Engine John Deere LA105 engine won't turn over

Jay Lott

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an LA105 with 75 hours which very suddenly won't start.

I used it two days ago and it started and ran fine. Garaged it, went to start it today and it won't turn over.

Fuel is full. I checked the oil and it's not low.

Made sure PTO was disengaged, sitting in seat therefore depressing the seat switch, put throttle in choke position, depressed clutch / brake, turned key and all that happens is a high pitched whining noise and the engine doesn't turn over.

Battery does not appear to be the issue. Showed a full charge, I charged it anyway, still had the same problem.

Sounds to me like the starter is trying to turn the engine and something is preventing the engine from turning over....?

Your advice is much appreciated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have an LA105 with 75 hours which very suddenly won't start.

I used it two days ago and it started and ran fine. Garaged it, went to start it today and it won't turn over.

Fuel is full. I checked the oil and it's not low.

Made sure PTO was disengaged, sitting in seat therefore depressing the seat switch, put throttle in choke position, depressed clutch / brake, turned key and all that happens is a high pitched whining noise and the engine doesn't turn over.

Battery does not appear to be the issue. Showed a full charge, I charged it anyway, still had the same problem.

Sounds to me like the starter is trying to turn the engine and something is preventing the engine from turning over....?

Your advice is much appreciated.

Sounds like a hydraulic lock.
Remove the spark plug and rotate the engine by hand.
Good chance you will get liquid fuel coming out.
If this is the case dip the oil chances are it will be over full, thin & smelling a little like gas.

Do not crank the engine without the plug in unless you take the hood off first and move the plug well out of the way as the escaping fuel can ignite,
Best practice it to hold a rag in front of the plug hole to catch whatever gets expelled if you crank engine,

Let us know what you find for further instruction.