worth $1000 more for lazer z instead of fastrak superduty?

raldem7

Threads
  • / worth $1000 more for lazer z instead of fastrak superduty?
I was ready to purchase a new Hustler Fastrak SD when I noticed I could get an Exmark Lazer Z E series for $1000 more than the Hustler. I have 4 acres of mostly pasture (read aggressive invasive weeds). The dealers are both close and have good reputations. I can manage another $1k if there was a substantial difference in performance, ease of maintenance, durability, etc. Thanks for any info in what differences I can expect between the two different machines.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am more into Hustler mowers....
Can you try both at the dealers?? I do like the SD Fastrack.... :smile:KennyV

noma

Threads
Hi Raldem 7

My suggestion would be it would mow a lot easier and better if you didn't have all the weed to mow. I know ex-mark are suppose to be a good mower, i think hustler are a little on the spendy side we have a dealer in my home town and when i looked there he was a good $1000 bucks more but i think he had a wide mower deck to don't remember. My memory is good but short.:cool:

Black Bart

Threads
I may not be qualified to reply in this thread because I have not mowed with either of these machines,
However this spring while shopping for a new mower I did look at both of them.

The Hustler was at a Farm Implement dealer but they sell Hustlers also.

I don't recall the model but it was a 61" deck with a 34 HP Kawasaki and the pump and drive system was the biggest I ever saw man it was heavy built.
When I commented on the pump he said yes it is the same one used in our combines.

Now if it can power a big combine in the field it sure will move that mower.
That may explain why if you watch a video on U Tube of a race between 6 ZTR mowers the Hustler won.

If you are pricing the same size deck and the same engine their should not be $1000.00 difference if anything the Hustler should cost more.

The X-Mark is a great mower but it is sure as hell not worth 1K more.

The Hustler that I looked at was the only one he had at the time and it was more mower and more money than what I wanted or needed but I was very Impressed with it.

Cherokee5975

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ex mark lazer is worth the money. I have been on both and the lazer is the way to go. Most pro lawn guys in my area go with the lazer. They have exelent warranty and are built tough.

rdharley3

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am getting ready to purchase a brand new lazer z and sell my 2003 lazer z that still runs and cuts a great lawn weeds or no weeds I have put that mower through the test's and it has always come through smelling like a rose. I'm hooked.

LoCo86

Threads
I am getting ready to purchase a brand new lazer z and sell my 2003 lazer z that still runs and cuts a great lawn weeds or no weeds I have put that mower through the test's and it has always come through smelling like a rose. I'm hooked.

I agree my exmark mowers do a great job at making a lawn that is full of weeds or a beautiful fescue yard look nice and plush. The problem with Exmark is that their prices keep jumping higher and higher without really changing much to the unit.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I may not be qualified to reply in this thread because I have not mowed with either of these machines,
However this spring while shopping for a new mower I did look at both of them.

The Hustler was at a Farm Implement dealer but they sell Hustlers also.

I don't recall the model but it was a 61" deck with a 34 HP Kawasaki and the pump and drive system was the biggest I ever saw man it was heavy built.
When I commented on the pump he said yes it is the same one used in our combines.

Now if it can power a big combine in the field it sure will move that mower.
That may explain why if you watch a video on U Tube of a race between 6 ZTR mowers the Hustler won.

If you are pricing the same size deck and the same engine their should not be $1000.00 difference if anything the Hustler should cost more.

The X-Mark is a great mower but it is sure as hell not worth 1K more.

The Hustler that I looked at was the only one he had at the time and it was more mower and more money than what I wanted or needed but I was very Impressed with it.

I agree completely...the Ex-Mark's are WAY overpriced for what you are getting. And with that price difference you are probably comparing apples-to-oranges. Heck, for a $1,000 more user raldem7 needs to compare that Lazer Z(BTW, the E Series is their "entry level" Lazer, with the X series and S series being the upper models) to the Hustler X-One or maybe even the Super Z with the X-One being considered the Hustler "entry-level" Commercial. The Hustler VX4 deck is one of the best on the market. The best looking ZTR I've ever seen was a Hustler Super Z HD(Hyperdrive) which is rated as an "Industrial" series(Hustler is one of the few manufacturers that really categorize their ZTR's properly(Residential, Commercial or Industrial). That Super Z HD goes 16mph, and has a 5Year/3,000 Hour Hydro Warranty. Now that's a serious mowing machine!!!!!

MRCo.

Threads
For that $1000 you can also look at Hustler X1i. Nice rig, built like a brick outhouse.

edd

Threads
i have a super duty and it is a fine mower......E series is entry level lazer......i wouldnt pay 1000 more because i dont see 1000 dollars worth of difference.........