Cub Cadet Height-Adjuster Jumping off top position.

floridabowler

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Cub Cadet is acting up lately. Whenever I put the "single-lever" height-adjuster in the top/highest position, it doesn't want to stay put. It will stay for a short while, and then either jump to the next lower position all by itself, or when I engage the self-propelled forward motion from a standstill it will kick itself out of the top position at the same time as the wheels start to turn. any ideas?

slippery

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's a cheap design and it's just wearing out. Had the same problem with my father in-laws lawnmower. What I did is either tap in a screw or a rivet and file down the edges so it would engage.

floridabowler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well thanks for the reply. I was beginning to think this forum was of no use.

Black Bart

Threads
My Cub Cadet is acting up lately. Whenever I put the "single-lever" height-adjuster in the top/highest position, it doesn't want to stay put. It will stay for a short while, and then either jump to the next lower position all by itself, or when I engage the self-propelled forward motion from a standstill it will kick itself out of the top position at the same time as the wheels start to turn. any ideas?
I have the same problem with a cheap trim mower.

Since I never change the height I use a piece of small wire and wrapped it around the adjuster.
Works just fine cheap fix and not hard to remove if need be.