Husqvarna Mower won't stop

Pasture

Forum Newbie
Threads
I may be repeating a thread, but I've looked 125 deep before deciding to write this. I have a Husqvarna YTH2348 riding mower. I use my front end loader to tilt the mower up to clean the deck. When I let it down this time it wouldn't start with the key. I was able to jumper over the solenoid and it ran well. I replaced the fuse and now it starts and mows but won't shut down. It diesels and keeps running unless I get off and pull up the mower deck switch. What's up with that?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like the plug on the back of the ignition switch has fallen off or come loose.
IF the switch is working it would both ground the coil & cut off the fuel supply to the carb solenoid both of which should stop the engine.
BEcause neither are happening the switch is the prime suspect.

Pasture

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Bert. I had read that Husq ignition switches are vulnerable. Perhaps I should just replace it instead of trying to get to work properly.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks Bert. I had read that Husq ignition switches are vulnerable. Perhaps I should just replace it instead of trying to get to work properly.

It is your money.
I have been repairing mowers for near 5 years now & am yet to find a broken switch.
I do find a lot where the plug has simply fallen off, the earth strap has fallen off / broken

Pasture

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is your money.
I have been repairing mowers for near 5 years now & am yet to find a broken switch.
I do find a lot where the plug has simply fallen off, the earth strap has fallen off / broken

Good thought. I'm sure that the plug is on properly, though it might need cleaning. I'll also follow the ground strap and see if it is detached/broken. Thanks again.