LT155 for $800 about right?

Tom

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

I am taking delivery of a JD cab tractor next week. That being said, a 5000 Lb machine will be very tough on the little bit of lawn (3/4 acre) I have around the house. I was originally going to get an x300 or 320 however the dealer took an LT155 with a bag system in trade. It has a bit of surface rust around the seat and the hours are unknown but it looks in basically good shape. They will service it and let me have it for $800.

Good deal or not? the lawn around the house is all on a slope, I just want to make sure the hydro on it will be OK going up and down the slopes. (I used to use a small chassis compact utilility tractor with a 3pt mower on it to do the lawn but it was too small for my other needs, hence the cab tractor)

Tom

mullins87

Threads
Don't think I've ever seen a 5k lb LT155 with a cab...:eek:

Tom

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK,

I'll edit for brevity.

Unknown year and hour LT-155 with a rear bagger $800. Good deal or not?

Tom

mullins87

Threads
Hehehe, I apologize Tom, I completely misread your original post. Sometimes I brain fart like that. Congrats on the new tractor! :thumbsup: What is it?

That LT155 will be a 1998 to 2001 model, according to tractordata "dot" com. Even if it's a 1998 model and unless it was used far more than what might be considered normal, it should have around 700 hours on it. I've got a couple of Kohler twins that have well over 1,000 hours on them and they are still going strong. If it's in pretty decent shape, then $800 probably isn't a bad deal.

TerryD

Threads
I realize this thread is about a month old, but I just paid $800 for the same mower (1999) with 42" Freedom deck and without a bagger. Mower was clean and appeared to have been well cared for. I think I got as good of a deal as I could.