What Model MTD is this

briant

Forum Newbie
Threads
Recently purchased this as a non runner for the Community Garden, have since got it running but don't know what model it is, trying to find a wiring diagram/spares for it.

When we got it running we were a bit surprised as the ignition barrel was disconnected :confused2:

Any help would be very much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_2647.jpg
    IMG_2647.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2648.jpg
    IMG_2648.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2804.jpg
    IMG_2804.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2810.jpg
    IMG_2810.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 18

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In Australia It was sold as a Yard Machine. Lawn flight might be a UK / Europe model name.
Go here http://www.mymowerparts.com/about_us.php and check out the free manuals & parts list section.
The "Must have" MTD books cover most of the earlier mowers.
Check also the Yardman & yardmachine sections.
Do it in your off peak download times because there is a lot of Gb of data there.

briant

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks bert,

Good site, still struggling to find out which model it is though, the ID tag under the seat is very very worn so cant see the part/seriel No :-(

BrianT

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
What does the 'Model 784' in photo #2 represent?

briant

Forum Newbie
Threads
What does the 'Model 784' in photo #2 represent?

That is what I don't know, when I do a search there does not seem to be any correlation to any existing model No's.

BrianT.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks bert,

Good site, still struggling to find out which model it is though, the ID tag under the seat is very very worn so cant see the part/seriel No :-(

BrianT

Using a digital camera ( not your phone ) take some photos of the ID tag at different angles ,use the highest resolution that your camera has.
If you have a tripod for the camera, even better.
Pop them in a photo editing app then increase the contrast or invert the colours ( make negative on some apps ) the number will jump out of the screen & bite you.

The MUST HAVE boks you are looking at are no 2 lawn Tractors & No 3 Garden Tractors.
Great books but lots of photos so they are big downloads but worth doing then printing out ( around 200 pages ) and binding

briant

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Bert, getting the photo's done as we speak but in the meantime after tireless internet browsing I have identified the model, it is a 1988/1989 Lawnflite model 139-784-611.

Managed to find all the spares and manuals that I need thanks to some useful links on here.

Thanks guys for all your help, look out for some photo's and possibly some video once its all working correctly.

Thanks,

BrianT:thumbsup: