Scott 50567X8 replasced hydrostatic transaxle with tecumseh 799031 problem

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Scott 50567X8 replasced hydrostatic transaxle with tecumseh 799031 problem
Well. finally we figured out why the so called replacement transmission, (799031) was having problems going uphill forwards, I have tried three 799031 VST to LTH transaxles kits, all with the exact same problem, a grabbing and releasing, grabbing and releasing, when going forwards up a hill. Recently my mechanic came upon a H2000-020 out of a tractor given to him with a blown engine. The transaxle looked almost exactly like the 799031 kit which is a H2000-026. There were a few minor differences. The main difference was in the Hydro unit. The input pulley shaft was shorter. The pulley was too low. I couldn't get belt alignment.
We tried to make it work. but had to give up on that idea. We were certain the problem was in the Hydro module, so we decided to try the new hydro module on the old differential. We observed the hydro module and the differential of the used transaxle fit together very close. The new Hydro module and the old transaxle differential also fit closer together. The new (799031) hydro module and differential did not fit together as close. Anyway, with the old differential and the new hydro module, the fit was a good match. To make a long story short, it worked. I now have a good working tractor. fast forward and backwards and able to go up hill forwards with no difficulty, not real fast on a steep grade, but I can mow going uphill.
I hope this helps someone having the same problem. One thing I didn't try was fitting the old Hydro unit with the new differential. That's another day !!!
Again thanks for all the input. Your suggestions helped me to be persistent in finding a solution.

Thank You for all the input, I'm sure there must be someone going through the same agony you suffered, glad you're a fighter with persistance, a rare attribute these days .. HANG-TOUGH !! ..:thumbsup: