Governor air vane getting caught on choke arm, 1998 10525 6.5 Dura Gold

Kumba

Threads
  • / Governor air vane getting caught on choke arm, 1998 10525 6.5 Dura Gold
So I am pretty sure that the governor air vane is getting stuck on the choke arm. The part it's getting caught on is where the spring sticks up through the arm. Is there a way to adjust the air vane so that it sits 1/8" higher? If there is, that would fix my problem. I can't quite tell how it goes together. Does the vane just slide down into the butterfly? So it's just a matter of putting enough force behind it to life it up a little?

I'm going to replace the throttle spring too so I guess I just need to take it all apart.

Phototone

Threads
  • / Governor air vane getting caught on choke arm, 1998 10525 6.5 Dura Gold
The choke/throttle "arm" has a groove that rides below a stiff wire rod that is push-fit into the top of the airbox. If this rod comes loose from the airbox it can cause the choke/throttle arm to ride high, thus interfering with the air vane. When you disassemble the carb and airbox, note that you have to be careful to extract the end of the governor spring from the choke/throttle arm, and carefully replace it when reassembling, and before you tighten the carb air box assembly down, you need to replace the square black air vent thing on top the air box, as it is retained by the airbox when you tighten the whole assembly into the engine reed plate area of the block.