Dura Force spark problem

DaddyRabbit

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a model 10525, #8906368 Gold series which I bought brand new in 1999. It's my 3rd or 4th LB and It's a beast. I love it...except. This year when I pulled the rope, I got nothing. I completely rebuilt the carb last year and it was awesome. Now I am not seeing any spark. I also have a silver series Dura force which I bought as sort of a backup. It also took a dump. But I robbed the ignition pack and tried it on the Gold and still got nothing. Then I got a Chinese made ignition pack from Ebay. Nothing. The Kill wire looks good. The kill switch seems to me to be working correctly just looking at it. But the little plastic kill switch stop is missing the little nub at the top. The other backup LB kill-switch was still intact, so I switched them. Still no spart that I can see when I ground the plug against the engine and turn the flywheel.

I'm getting balder by the day from pulling out my hair. Please help me save what's left! :confused2:

Any suggestions from you experts?

Thanks a lot guys!

lewb

Threads
Easiest way to check the ignition is to pull tank and shroud off so you can easily rotate fly wheel with spark plug removed. The ignition is normally closed, when you complete the circuit it shuts off the spark. So you should be able to disconnect the safety or blade brake switch. Make sure you have the coil set with right gap (business card). If you do not have spark with a good coil and everything unplugged the only part left is the flywheel. Possibly the magnet has lost it power.

DaddyRabbit

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I have done that previously, the magnet sure did pull the ignition coil hard. But I'll see if I can try this tomorrow.
I appreciate the idea.

lewb

Threads
Any resolution?

DaddyRabbit

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes. I finally got spark when I had someone pull the cord. I guess just turning the flywheel by hand wasn't enough to present a visible spark. Hopefully, tomorrow I will get it all back together and be mowing again.
Thanks a lot!:smile::smile: