New Here, New Owner TroyBilt 54 XP ZTR

Troy54

Forum Newbie
Threads
Figured I would join, perhaps get insight and share where applicable. I picked up a 2014 TroyBilt Mustang XP 54 in with the 25 hp B&S. 82 hrs on it. Looked in good condition made no noises just missing the discharge chute. Brought it home took all cowling off engine and cleaned fins and mower deck. Check engine oil noticed it was clear and smell cleaned. Friend ended up cutting my yard (1.5 ac) in about 30 minutes.(Had two 22in push mowers before hand took roughly 2 hours with two people and 3 ish by self)

While he was doing that I talked to my neighbor and she now has be cutting her yard so making money with it already. He ended up cutting her yard we well. After all done, cleaned it out re checked fluids. And because I had it laying around installed a Oil Pressure gauge (she seems to keep it around 40-43psi).

Went and bought a new air filter for it and now sits waiting the next cut. Iwas wanting to buy something fun to play with but ended up getting this when I saw it available, seeing that I want to at least have some fun with this and modify and enhance its performance and longevity.

I've read about the Hydro Gear which I believe are EZT ZT 2200s. Both respond well to input (if not sensitive) and has great speed going forward. Biggest issue I have is the slipping of the tires when turning or backing up on slight hills. Tires just do not have an aggressive pattern. Regardless, I weigh a bit (300lbs) and it seemed to have no issues with me on it, but wonder if the slight hills and my weight will spell early doom for the EZTs. I cleaned out around them and made sure fans had unobstructed air. Although the size of the fans are kinda crappy IMO and would like to put bigger ones on or improve cooling of the EZTs somehow.

Beyond that I'll have some photos this evening and look forward to being on the Forum!

-Dev

Troy54

Forum Newbie
Threads

Had to make sure everything was clean!