Advice on which carburettor for stihl brushcutter please

cutteman10

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Advice on which carburettor for stihl brushcutter please
I have a Stihl FS200 brushcutter that won't idle so want to get a new carb for it. The one I have only has one adjustment screw but nearly all the ones I've seen have three screws. I think these are a more modern version of mine.

I'm getting confused as to which carb I need. Some say I need part number 4134-120-0653, some say its 4134 120 0652
I've seen C1Q*S162 and C1Q*S161 both claiming to be OEM carbs and loads of carbs saying they fit a FS 200 without mentioning the part number. Prices from UK £8 to £99

Here in the UK we are swamped with cheap Chinese copies claiming to be OEM but one example I've already bought wont run the machine at all.
However I've seen a couple in California that say they are real OEM (eg ebay item 371955769394)

Can anyone here advise me in which carb I should get, ie the correct number or type and where I can get one at a reasonable price including shipping to the UK?

Regards

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
have you tried taking yours apart and cleaning it out real good, blowing out the passages with compressed air?

cutteman10

Forum Newbie
Threads
have you tried taking yours apart and cleaning it out real good, blowing out the passages with compressed air?

I haven't gone as far as the compressed air but yes, I've dismantled it and given it a good clean. It starts and runs well but the revs die off too low when the throttle is closed and there is no adjustment to set the lower limit of the throttle travel. I've held the throttle at a reasonable idle speed and adjusted the low speed mixture for max revs (the only adjustment there is) but as soon as I let go of the throttle it dies.
There's no way to adjust the throttle cable length as far as I can see either.

That's why I was considering a new carb, in case the jets are just too blocked.

upupandaway

Threads
as soon as I let go of the throttle it dies.

Did u remove the cover and find a black round throttle cable guide? I recall there is a screw on that part to adjust making the cable taut and increase the idle speed in your case.
This being a quick fix. if u have to adjust it alot to keep it idling at a much higher speed, then there is a bigger problem.

If still no luck yours will likely fit this carb: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-...924625?hash=item569cec6191:g:CZ4AAOSwnipWVSFV
The Stihls i have also originally had the 1 adjustment screw and i replaced them with this so i can adjust high and low later....

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here's the DIFFERENT model carbs that were available through the Stihl Parts Manual, these are for several models so read the p/ns carefully, ( I'm thinking they should ALL be interchangeable, BUT I DON'T know for sure !) You will have to enlarge with FULL-SCREEN or your zoom feature .

CARB # J.jpg...SEE # 11.jpg...CARB # G.jpg...CARB # H.jpg

see page 24 of this guide about throttle adjust, seems like it's simple adjust with screwdriver ..??

https://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent...-FS-120-200-250-Owners-Instruction-Manual.pdf

Last edited: