Photobucket

unclelee

Threads
Well, as it seems all the pictures I have ever posted are now gone unless I want to pay Photobucket $399 a year.
Anyone know of an alternative way to post pictures?
They are not supported here on a mobile device.

helomech

Threads
I still using mine for free. Did something happen?

unclelee

Threads
I still using mine for free. Did something happen?
Yeah, they changed there term of service, locked me out of all my pictures unless I pay $399 a year.
Check out my 1960 et-1 edger thread.
If you still have access to your account you better get your pictures saved from there before you have to pay to get them back.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is a scam.
Photo bucket is working as good ( or bad ) as ever.
They have dropped the size limit of your free storage space so if you have a lot of photos there you might have exceeded that limit.

unclelee

Threads
It is a scam.
Photo bucket is working as good ( or bad ) as ever.
They have dropped the size limit of your free storage space so if you have a lot of photos there you might have exceeded that limit.
Google it....look at my posts....not a scam. When I go on Photobucket I get the same as on my posts with pictures. It is affecting all forums with Photobucket in bedded pictures. And I got an email from Photobucket telling me I had to upgrade.

helomech

Threads
Here is a pic from my photo bucket account.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

OK ,
Looks like you are correct, my appologies.
People on other forums have been saying the same thing and when I checked my images were still there and working just fine.
A while back there was a similar thing going around as an email which was a scam demanding payment.
A sign of the times I suppose.
It costs a lot of money to run a big web server.
So photo bucket is spending money to host all these images which are going to other web sites which are making the profit from people spending a lot of time looking at the photobucket images.
Thus I can understand they want some sort of payment.
The amount they are asking is stupid because I can buy server space for a lot less than that and link to my own web space.
They will be missed just like Klicka & Zoom and all those other photo hosting sites that have gone but the world will not stop turning.
I only had a hundred or so images there and the reason for linking most of them is long gone.

Still not sure it is not some sort of rerouting scam as photobucket have always sent me emails to my registered address when they were changing conditions addressed to me personally unlike all of the scams which are addressed to "dear photobucket user "
For all we know Photobucket might have been hacked by a third party demanding millions from them.
I have noted that it only appears to be windows useres who have had their photos quarrintined.
Time will tell.

jp1961

Threads
399.00!!!! That's called randsomware isn't it?

Jeff