Photobucket

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Photobucket's change in policy is a real outrage. I think it will backfire on them.

Here's an article about this.

From that article:

For users who are affected by this, it is important to note that the images are not gone. They are still hosted on Photobucket, and you can actually load them right then and there by right-clicking on them and selecting "open image in new tab" or "open link in new tab" depending on the web browser that you are using. This opens the Photobucket website where the original image is displayed

So you can get your photos from Photobucket without paying that absurd fee and just store them somewhere else.

unclelee

Threads
Well, as it seems on other forums I have been able to post pictures by switching to the mobile version. But not here.
I guess untill this is fixed I will no longer be able to fully use this forum. Thanks Photobucket.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, as it seems on other forums I have been able to post pictures by switching to the mobile version. But not here.
I guess untill this is fixed I will no longer be able to fully use this forum. Thanks Photobucket.

You can post pictures directly from your computer here. Such as these. No Photobucket or any other hosting site needed:

IMG_2331.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2332.jpg
    IMG_2332.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 2

Lawn Addict
Threads
Photobucket may have new GREEDY owners now. Google about it & see, Ebay & Amazon & other big corps are really steamed about this.

If I can get on to my pics there, I'm DELETING them all. I already have the originals. Then I'm blocking their emails.

The 'bucket sleeps with the fishes as far as I'm concerned.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Photobucket may have new GREEDY owners now. Google about it & see, Ebay & Amazon & other big corps are really steamed about this.

If I can get on to my pics there, I'm DELETING them all. I already have the originals. Then I'm blocking their emails.

The 'bucket sleeps with the fishes as far as I'm concerned.

And that is the prime reason Photo bucket is charging

Amazon makes billions from using the photobucket hosted images for free as does evilbay.
It costs money to host all those images, a lot more than most can appreciate.
By going the shock horror route they and every one else can see who is being a parrasite
Then you get the "all too smart" web site authors who charge companies to create & "host" a commercial web while all the time all the images are actually on Photobuckets web server.
Cheats & crooks on the web are not restricted to gaming companies and snake oil merchants.

Lawn Addict
Threads
True enough Bert.

It's just the way photobucket held hostage my pics & those of many friends, wanting us to HAVE TO upgrade.

Lawnboy77

Threads
It's not a problem that they started charging for services, but 400 bucks a year is ridiculous.