Repair order

bob54

Threads
What do you guys with Small Engine Shops use for repair order forms and where do you get them from. All I have found so far are Automotive repair forms

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not quite sure what you mean.
I use a duplicate carbon book to book in all jobs.
The top page becomes the receipt when I stamp it paid before giving it to the customer.
For commercial customers I use MYOB to print out an invoice & receipt because it looks more offical to the tax man.
Mowers all get swing tags which come from my wholesalers and in the USA you can get them from Stens, Oregon , Rotary or Prime Line
Stuff sent out for machining . welding etc get written up in another duplicate carbon book those pages get stamped with "Purchase Order".
The same book gets used when suppliers want an official order .
Got a stamp with my trading name, phone No & tax number which I stamp the pages with as needed.
Down here we have to print "Tax Invoice" on invoices so another stamp for that and one that says "Purchase Order"
This way I have only 2 books and 3 stamps.
One is money in the other is money out.

The original owner simply used a diary, one day to a page and supplied computer generated invoices for commercial customers only.
The computer invoice was a Word document which he changed as needed then printed 2 copies.

I tried using some softwear packages but it was way too much work required to put all of my stock inventory into it before I could sell it.
I have around $ 60,000 of stock representing around 5,000 product lines and it is easier to simply remember them and reorder as the stock gets low.

Down here a lot of small shops order parts in a job by job basis thus keep no stock.

Mikel1

Threads
Best just to go to your local printer and have one custom made. I have been printing for over 20 years, most of the ones I have done are 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. Usually 2 part, sometimes 3 part. An 8 1/2 x 11 is a large sheet for replacing a battery, replacing blades, etc.. Some also put on a storage fee on the order if you do not get your equipment in so many days.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Best just to go to your local printer and have one custom made. I have been printing for over 20 years, most of the ones I have done are 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. Usually 2 part, sometimes 3 part. An 8 1/2 x 11 is a large sheet for replacing a battery, replacing blades, etc.. Some also put on a storage fee on the order if you do not get your equipment in so many days.

Do it the other way.
And have a line that says storeage 14 days free
Then under it Excess safe storage fee.
That way the custome thinks they are getting X days for free and you are a good bloke
written the other way you are gouging bastard trying to screw them for every cent.

OTOH
Never found a preprinted form that works and they seem cold and mechanised to the customer.
Itemising the labour always looks silly and can generate lots of arguements because "I can take the blades off in 3 minutes why have you charged 10 ?"
Item lines like "workshop sunderies" also make most peoples blood boil where as 528-000321-A / clip $ 5.95 will always be accepted even if the clip, is a speed washer and cost 10¢
I oft slip a - A after a pert number because it makes the part you fit look like an upgraded part
If you fit after market parts you should also have a printed line
" Unless otherwise instructed ,to provide the best service at the lowest possible price we use certified after market parts where parts of guaranteed OEM quality or better with suppliers warranty are available"
Or similar.
That way if you itemise out parts with original part numbers and the customer checks them they will come up with the original price & see you have saved them money and if they find cheaper parts then they are the parts of dubious quality which do not come with warranty.