is700z vs add a suspension seat

toomuchtomow

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've read some old posts from members saying that the small suspension on the is700z is really about the same as adding a suspension seat to a ztr without suspension.

All you who own the is700z - do you agree with that?

I am considering the is700z but only because of the suspension - I can do without the commercial grade engine, rops, and 3400 hydros - so I can get away with spending ~$1000 less and just add a suspension seat to another model (e.g. Gravely ZTHD or Husqvarna MZ).

I have also seen folks who own is700z shopping for suspension seats...so I'm really wondering if the suspension on teh is700z is really significant or not...or if you have to go to the 2100 to really be satisfied.

Thanks

Etemplet

Threads
Wow, no replies for a while. I looked at the 2100Z and was content on purchasing one till it came to the final decision and spending the extra money. I don't believe the suspension difference on the 2100 is worth the extra $$ for me and I'm not commercial but I have a tad over 3 acres to cut. I opted for the 700Z with the 27hp engine and the suspension works pretty good. I am sure the 2100 is a bit better. I thought about adding suspension seat and may do so. Not because the mower is not comfortable as is... because it is very comfortable. I will research the price and benefits of the suspension seat but I can say this... the 700Z suspension really irons out a lot of bumps... IF you recognize the ride. Some people just don't have the feel for what the suspension is actually filtering out. My wife claims the 700 doesn't ride better than our Snapper with no suspension. She doesn't have a clue. LOL

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most come here for advice or repair help, then leave ,which is a shame.
So unless some one is currently looking at the same gear, or upgrading from the same gear or is having problems with the same gear they won't be here.
If the gear is working well they are out mowing.
So no replies can be considered as a good reply if you get the drift.

Mowers have short wheel bases thus a rough ride.
Faster you mow the rougher the ride.]
Home owner can just take an extra 40 minutes if it is getting too rough.
Commercial operators don't have that luxury and at this time in the season are doing 14 hour days so we don't see much of them till the off season.

toomuchtomow

Forum Newbie
Threads
I still haven't made the purchase. I'm looking at the Husqvarna MZ61 for $2k less than the is700....I am having a hard time thinking the suspension is that good. I know the is700 has rops, 3400 hydros too which factors into the cost - but I don't need those things.

loneryder

Threads
I bought the is700 with the suspension seat. I'm guessing it will improve your comfort 25-50%. I have really rough ground here in WV and my old Toro was beating the hell out of my kidneys. You can get the same seat online for less than the dealer. I think you will notice a big difference.