Mystery Part

Cadobs01

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,
So yesterday when I got home I found this part under my car in the garage.Does anyone know if this may be a car Part,mower Part or something else ? It says 9.8 on it. Thanks so much, I appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 8

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That looks like a bolt for a car bumper attachment. Not knowing what car or what mower you have I am just guessing.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't lose any sleep over it ! ... Worst case scenario , whatever it was installed on will fall apart ... and it will cost
you, .. your ENTIRE life savings and those of any children you may have. But then again, like most mechanical folks ,
I believe the "pixies" come around at night and leave various items in obvious places just to play with our minds.
But we know to put said item in our "scrounge-box" in case we ever discover it's a real part from a real place !!
Only problem to that is , we have to remember it's IN the "scrounge-box" ! ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

Did you know , ALMOST every fastener on Aircraft has some kind of "locking procedure" (ie.) safety wired or self-locking nuts/bolts, screws ?? UH ... at least that's the way it USED to be !

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

:confused: I'm stumped on this one, but welcome to the forum!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IT is a metric bolt.
Depending upon the maker the 8.9 is either the grade of steel ( strength ) or the torque it is tightened to.
The square under the head says it went through a square hole to make it semi captive so you could tighten the nut without having to hold the bolt head.
On a mower the most common place to find one of these is the mounting bolt for an idler pulley.
SO if the bolt was on the ground, the pulley would be there as well.
On cars you regularly find them on bumper & crash bars.