320 Deck cutting

Richandtd

Threads
The x320 deck must be different from the 48” x324 deck on my 07 cause I cut as fast as the mower will starting in the center and keep blowing the grass to both sides so no clippings left in the lawn the size of my country lawn takes about 1 1/2 hours. This 11 year old machine does a great job. And I have royal purple in the engine.

mrclean417

Forum Newbie
Threads
Towards the end of last year I started noticing a lack of cutting between the center and right blades. I've got the mulching kit in there. Last time I checked the blades were correct height, running true and plenty sharp. I'll give it a good going over before putting it on, probably in the next week as the grass has been creaping up here even with yesterdays dip to 18° F.
Mowing, I have to remember the patterns I found optimal from last year and modify them. I've got a new barn, a chicken coup/run and a pile of dirt from leveling for the barn that's 20 yards long and a good 12 foot high at it's peak. A whole bunch of dirt. Least I won't have to mow that but I will have to get it distributed, hauled off and such, eventually.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
The number one reason I see for cut quality problems is a deck plugged up with grass. Gotta keep them scraped clean! The deck should be checked and cleaned if necessary after every use, especially if you are mulching.