Fuel pickup

sootman67

Forum Newbie
Threads
How do i pull the fuel pickup tube out of the tank on my 2000 725K? I kinda pulled on it the other day trying to take it out but didn't want to break anything. I think it may be the culprit for my stalling/stuttering/knocking problem. Everything else has been replaced or cleaned. Except fuel pump has not been messed with.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Seems we need a lil more info. to try to help with your issue , see example ..

GET INFO.JPG

66vette

Threads
On my 2000 721 the fuel pickup is threaded into the top of the tank, remove rubber line and turn tank fitting counterclockwise to remove.

sootman67

Forum Newbie
Threads
Its a 2000 725K with the 25hp Kohler. Its been starting fine and runs fine for the first ten minutes but then it will start stalling out, knocks bad, and eventually shuts off. If i idle it and take the load off it will idle fine but throttle back up and kick the blades on it will start missing again.

It usually starts right back up and sometimes will stall out 1 or 2 more times like this and then I can mow for two hours straight with no issues. Doesn't do it every time I mow though. replaced all the fuel lines, filter, cleaned out the carb, and has fresh fuel. Gas cap is new and I leave it a little loose just to make sure theres no vacuum on the tank. Fuel filter doesn't stay full though.

Is there something to clean the fuel pump or are these just replaced? I wanted to pull the tank pick-up out and make sure it was clean as well but I'm not sure how it comes out.