Honda 1011 Ignition Switch Problem?

ModernMode

Threads
I tried to start my Honda 1011 riding mower (electric-start, gear trans two pedals )this morning. The key will not move into the starter position. Only from off to on and no further. Does this mean its a bad ignition switch? Or is it thinking that something is not set right such as the brakes. Everything was set correctly. I had my wife double check me in case I had a brain freeze or something.

If it is a bad ignition, does that change out easily?

Thanks Much

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I tried to start my Honda 1011 riding mower (electric-start, gear trans two pedals )this morning. The key will not move into the starter position. Only from off to on and no further. Does this mean its a bad ignition switch? Or is it thinking that something is not set right such as the brakes. Everything was set correctly. I had my wife double check me in case I had a brain freeze or something.

Thanks Much

Yes & yes
New switch time

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads

Thanks Much

There is nothing (safety interlock) that would prevent the key from being turned to START. Sure reads like it has failed, or some debris has gotten down inside the switch? Easy to replace, just a large hex nut. You might have to pull the mower deck off to get unrestricted access to the underside of the body.

ModernMode

Threads
I've ordered a new starter switch. I believe dropping the deck as low as it will go will give me enough room. I'll post results if part ever arrives.

ModernMode

Threads
The new starter switch arrived today. It was easy to install and the mower started right up. Thanks much for the responses.