Honda Hr214 & Hr216 help please

stugordon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. I've got a couple of old Honda mowers both Hr sereis Hr214 & Hr216. My questions are I've read about fitting a mulching plug or side discharge shoot to them.
Ideally I would like to keep one mower for collecting the cuttings but really want the other as a side discharge/ mulching mower for rough ground etc. Is this simply a case of finding a plug & fitting double blades to said mower?? Or is there more to this that I don't know about?
If it's not straight forward to convert it to a mulching mower is the side shoot just a plastic shoot that replaces the collection bag? These Honda mowers have a good amount of force blowing the cuttings into the bag so I'm guessing there's enough force to blow the cuttings out of a side shoot, is this the case or is there something I'm missing?
My reason for wanting to modify one of the mowers is I have an area of rough ground to cut on a weekly basis that I don't intend picking the cuttings up. At the moment I use my old Hayter Hayterette rough cut mower which is ok however I would prefer to have a self propelled machine to save me pushing it along as its a fairly large area of grass to cut each week.
Any help would be great.
Thanks Stu