Need Help Reviving a 2004 225/61 Barn Find!!??

Reubenjet

Threads
I just purchased a 2004, 225/61 GH and am in need of some assistance in getting it running. It had been sitting for 5 years. First thing I did was replace the battery and tried to start it. After a few tries it fired up and ran (surprisingly) but shut off after about 10 seconds. I believe I ran it out of gas. Anyway, I put 5 gallons of new gas in it but it will not fire anymore. I think it is either not pumping gas or I flooded it. I have ordered a new fuel pump and am replacing the plugs. I am replacing the fuel filter. The air filters are good. I am changing the oil/filter this weekend. If it is flooded, what is the best way to correct this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help/responses!

--Reubenjet

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Clean and install a carburetor kit.

173abn

Threads
x2,if it's been sitting that long carb prob. needs a rebuild. also check gas tank for gunk...russ

Reubenjet

Threads
Thanks! Where is the best place to buy a kit...eBay?? Also, any idea what the kit # would be? Engine information is as follows...

Family- 3KHXS.7252GC
Displ - 725
Model- CH730S
Spec No.- CH730-0076

I am new at this so I appreciate any help you can give.

Drew

Reubenjet

Threads
x2,if it's been sitting that long carb prob. needs a rebuild. also check gas tank for gunk...russ

Thanks! I am going to enlist some help as I have not done anything like this before. I was able to get to the carb last night and just blow the fuel out. It cranked and ran for 10 seconds then shut back down. I did this twice with the same result. I was hoping to avoid a lot of work but now realize there is no getting around the cleaning/rebuild.

BTW...how far from the GH factory do you live?

173abn

Threads
it may save you a lot of aggravation to put a new carb on it.you can call GH to get a rebuild kit or they may know where to get one .the #is 316 3458621. They are located in Moundridge,Ks. I think it is down around Wichita ,I live up N. by Topeka The folks there are very good on returning calls...russ

Reubenjet

Threads
Success!! I got her going relatively easy and on the cheap! I sprayed carb cleaner and let it soak for a few minutes then blew it out with high-pressure air (while still mounted on engine). I hit the key and she fired-up. I waited for 10 seconds and she went right on thumping passed that! After about a minute of idling I revved her on up and she responded! I decided to make an attempt at cutting.

I cut grass for 1-1/2 with minimal issues! The PTO switch was intermittent so I am going to replace that. The lights don't work but it isn't the fuse...maybe the bulbs?? I need to repair the bottom seat cushion where it has rotted due to exposure to rain. Toolbox is no longer secure and I am going to have to cut out the cupholder in order to fit my YETI in there.

I will keep y'all posted and I am sure there will be other things I need advice/help with!

Thanks for the replies and responses, it is appreciated!

Drew

IMG_20170620_172750174.jpgIMG_20170620_172715337.jpgIMG_20170704_125606845.jpg

173abn

Threads
glad you got it running.have fun! russ