Repairs Scag Turf Tiger dies, won't restart

NashBill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hoping someone can help.

I have a Scag Turf Tiger with a Kohler 29 hp EFI motor that's about 3 years old. Occasionally when I set the brake and get off the mower, it will die and won't restart. Sometimes if I wait a half hour or so, it will restart, other times I'm towing it back to the storage building. Had a mechanic come out who told me it was the ignition switch which we replaced. Ran ok for a few weeks then it happened again. I replaced the ignition switch again and it ran ok for a couple of weeks. Now it's starting to do the same thing again. Both ignition switches were new from my local Scag dealer and were OEM.

I've jumpered the seat safety switch so it 's not that. When it doesn't start, I've jumpered the starter and it will turn over. When I turn the key on and it's dead, I've tried engaging the mower deck and it will click.

I'm a homeowner who cuts about 5 acres once a week. The mower is stored indoors and it hasn't been in the rain.

Any help would be appreciated.

GFGT

Threads
Hoping someone can help.

I have a Scag Turf Tiger with a Kohler 29 hp EFI motor that's about 3 years old. Occasionally when I set the brake and get off the mower, it will die and won't restart. Sometimes if I wait a half hour or so, it will restart, other times I'm towing it back to the storage building. Had a mechanic come out who told me it was the ignition switch which we replaced. Ran ok for a few weeks then it happened again. I replaced the ignition switch again and it ran ok for a couple of weeks. Now it's starting to do the same thing again. Both ignition switches were new from my local Scag dealer and were OEM.

I've jumpered the seat safety switch so it 's not that. When it doesn't start, I've jumpered the starter and it will turn over. When I turn the key on and it's dead, I've tried engaging the mower deck and it will click.

I'm a homeowner who cuts about 5 acres once a week. The mower is stored indoors and it hasn't been in the rain.

Any help would be appreciated.

I had something similar and found it was the PTO switch. When it wouldn't restart, I eventually found if I pulled it out and pushed it back in a few times, it would usually start. Eventually though, it failed completely.

NashBill

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had something similar and found it was the PTO switch. When it wouldn't restart, I eventually found if I pulled it out and pushed it back in a few times, it would usually start. Eventually though, it failed completely.

Thanks, I'll definitely try that next time.