carburator springs

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I marked in red where one spring goes and circled in red the spring I think goes there. The other spring is way too clean to belong on a mower in my opinion.
springs.jpg
springs2.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don't think either of the springs belong on that mower.
The shinny one is off an Honda.
The other is way too long.
Something is wrong with the whole set up, like the throttle shaft is in backwards. I just can not put my finger on it.
In 4 years & 200 push mowers I have only had 1 or 2 with the mechanical governors so I stayed out of this from the start.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK I think .... I said THINK !!, ... I found a few pics that might be the same as yours .

82A-inspecting_the_governor_1.jpg...briggs_lms_carb_linkages.JPG

I don't know if this helps or not, BUT I sure hope you and anybody else following this thread has learned a lesson..!!

TAKE PICTURES BEFORE YOU DIS-ASSEMBLE ANYTHING, the magic word is BEFORE !!
That way you will have reference pics to save your ARSE !!

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think cpurvis is correct with the other thread. You are missing the governor rod.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think cpurvis is correct with the other thread. You are missing the governor rod.

This pic looks like you can see the governor rod hanging down , right under the bolt head and green clamp on the
breather hose ...Chuck, Bert, .... is THAT what you see as I do ..??

2h. Briggs and Stratton Model 12H802.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Boo that looks like the governor linkage in the picture. It looks either bent out of shape or the part from the eye to the Z is missing Possibly the eye is one the other end because somebody installed it backwards.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
This pic looks like you can see the governor rod hanging down , right under the bolt head and green clamp on the
breather hose ...Chuck, Bert, .... is THAT what you see as I do ..??

View attachment 33122

Yeah looking closer at photos enlarged, in THIS photo it appears the rod is showing between the fuel line markings
but the fuel line itself is blocking the view , it almost appears the end of the rod has an upward swing (part of the "loop")
where one end of the spring connects. I must have looked at 3 or 4 hundred pics of linkages, so many my eyes were
going crazy, I just can't figure out why people in this day of digital cameras , don't take pics of what they're working on,
OH I forgot, friggen "selfies" are important , NOT reference pics !!

2f1. Briggs and Stratton Model 12H802.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Boo that looks like the governor linkage in the picture. It looks either bent out of shape or the part from the eye to the Z is missing Possibly the eye is one the other end because somebody installed it backwards.

Arrh Backwards. thats it.
It looked funny but I could not work out why but of course, the loop for the spring is missing so backwards it must be.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
We are all in agreement. Sweet. Now lets see if we can get it fixed.