New guy

pythons37

Forum Newbie
Threads
A bunch of old junky stuff. Big Murray mowers and some walk behinds. A few electric chainsaws and three Chinese generators. One electric snow blower which isn't bad. In fact, pretty good. All my electric stuff has a cord. The battery stuff is handy, but kind of pricey.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
A bunch of old junky stuff. Big Murray mowers and some walk behinds. A few electric chainsaws and three Chinese generators. One electric snow blower which isn't bad. In fact, pretty good. All my electric stuff has a cord. The battery stuff is handy, but kind of pricey.

WOW guys .. I think we just found ANOTHER one of US !!! ( LOL )

AND the point you are trying to make is ...??? C'mon spit it out , ..it's OK ... we've been there done that !! ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

pythons37

Forum Newbie
Threads
WOW guys .. I think we just found ANOTHER one of US !!! ( LOL )

AND the point you are trying to make is ...??? C'mon spit it out , ..it's OK ... we've been there done that !! ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

I guess the point is, I'm old, tired, and unimpressed with anyone who isn't me.

The snow blower: I retired a 10 horsepower 27" NOMA. A brute, to be sure. Nothing really slowed it down, except me. At close to 200 pounds, it just wasn't handy around the house and cars. The Snow Joe takes longer and weighs 31 pounds. Very handy. The cord is a pain. I will probably look into a single stage gas rig of some kind.

Chainsaws: same thing. 6.5 amp 8" pole saw, 12" 7 amp chain saw, and a 14" 14.5 amp chain saw which was 55 dollars, delivered to the door. It does a great job, too.

Three generators. They just followed me home.

I paid 40 dollars to a guy who was moving to Arizona, to retire. In return I got an all weather, soft flex, 10 gauge, 100 foot extension cord and an all weather, soft flex, 10 gauge 50 foot extension cord. 40 dollars. Crazy, huh?

When I'm on a job ( I do small mowing/landscaping/tree trimming/clean up jobs. ) I usually bring a generator with me.

There are three 46576 Murrays in the garage. Usually they all are running. Today, none are.

I have a 21" Craftsman pusher. It is probably the best mower I have ever owned. Go figure, huh? A friend gave me a 1990 Toro. Suzuki motor. Great cut. Heavy. Rear wheel drive. Blade brake. Carb kit is not available/hard to find and is expensive if it is found. New carb is about $350.00. That mower doesn't get out much. It's a great mower. However, it will only cut as high as 3". I need about 4".

A few electric trimmers.

My favorite saw is a Fiskars 10" folding pruning saw. I will not try out a Silky pruning saw. They are too expensive and I might like it.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hang in there pythons, we're with ya !! .. :thumbsup: