John Deere F510 belt problem

chadhowell

Forum Newbie
Threads
The primary drive belt keeps breaking. I have replaced it 3 times. I have also replaced the electric clutch. Anyone know what the problem could be?

noma

Threads
Hi chadhowell

Could you have the wrong kind of belt, are you getting it from a dealer or a box store? Does it just brake with a straight edge or is it a jagged edge? Does it smell like it burning or smoke?Is there any marks on the belts flat part or the v part of the belt? Maybe you got a guide around a pulley that is ruining your belt.Do you have the belt on the pulleys the right way, on a v pulley you need the v side of the belt and on a idler pulley you need the flat side of the belt or a flat pulley? I think you don't have the belt on right, look and see if you can find direction on the mower deck or on the mower how the belt need to be put on? I'm sure you don't have it right:biggrin: Welcome aboard LMF

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
thats not right at all!....listen to NOMA's suggestions and go through all the checks:wink:

noma

Threads
Hi chadhowell

When you go to your last post and on your manual book there is on the left side for replacement parts and click on replacement parts there it tells you the belt numbers for your mower. I don't know what size mower deck you have but the belt number for engine to mower number and the belt number for the 48 inch deck mower belt is only one number off the last one ,could of they gave you the wrong belt . I think that last number is in the length of the belt, so the one they may have given you is a little longer. And that might be what's gong on to brake belts . If you have any of the old belts left around see if you can find a number on them? good luck hope i didn't make that to confussion:licking: