Barings in a variable speed pully

Xxdrunkxx

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just got a white outdoor lt 1500.I dropped the deck to check the blades. When I put the deck back on and tried to drive it it died and I lost all tension in drive peddle. The smaller belt was sucked up under the larger belt on the variable speed pulley. when I got it out I noticed the pulley has a lot of play in it. I pulled the pulley and there is no ball barings in it is this normal? Part number 956-0048

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just got a white outdoor lt 1500.I dropped the deck to check the blades. When I put the deck back on and tried to drive it it died and I lost all tension in drive peddle. The smaller belt was sucked up under the larger belt on the variable speed pulley. when I got it out I noticed the pulley has a lot of play in it. I pulled the pulley and there is no ball barings in it is this normal? Part number 956-0048

OK here, we know by your moniker, you frequent "strip-clubs and get hammered" ..( LOL ) what WE need is bit more info. about your machine so maybe we can help with your pulley issue , see example !

GET INFO.JPG

Xxdrunkxx

Forum Newbie
Threads
13A2606G190 (LT-1500) - White Outdoor Lawn Tractor, 42" Deck 2003 i think. :)

Xxdrunkxx

Forum Newbie
Threads
well from what i can tell it should have bearings. a new pulley is about $130 or can i replace the bearings? i cant find any part # for the bearing assembly.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
well from what i can tell it should have bearings. a new pulley is about $130 or can i replace the bearings? i cant find any part # for the bearing assembly.

I have a different yet SIMILAR variable pulley on my Murray 46" mower, the center pulley is made to be loose so it
can move up & down changing the driven belts ratio, I am not aware of these types of pulleys having any bearings
on the center pulley assy. it appears yours just has bushings or sleeves, I'll have to do some research ... in the meantime another member might offer advice, hang tight, ... Boobala

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a different yet SIMILAR variable pulley on my Murray 46" mower, the center pulley is made to be loose so it
can move up & down changing the driven belts ratio, I am not aware of these types of pulleys having any bearings
on the center pulley assy. it appears yours just has bushings or sleeves, I'll have to do some research ... in the meantime another member might offer advice, hang tight, ... Boobala

https://www.partstree.com/parts/whi...-lawn-tractor-42-deck-2003/drive-rear-wheels/

From what I have seen thus far, it looks like you have to replace the entire assy, just as I have done on my Murray .
Unless there are bearings that were on that shaft or on the brackets where it mounts , hard to tell with these diagrams
my variator started out at $233+ then ( I dont know how or why ) it dropped in price when I went to order it so
I got Blessed !! it was $163+ I know its a stiff price but I could not find one in the mower junkyards and I wanted to get my mower going . Only news I can give you is to search online for the best price you can find or patronize a mower junkyard ( some mower shops have a "back-room" for used parts they don't like to tell about) . keep us up-dated . Maybe another member may have further info ...

VA 1.JPG...DSCN1559.jpg...V2.JPG