Transmission help on HRX217

jmenear

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

As a new member I'd love to post a pic of my lawnmower but it's currently on it's side in repair :frown:

So my transmission started inconsistently turning the wheels. If I lift the mower they seem to turn freely and at a consistent speed. However when on grass the mower will move some on its own and then stop and require manual pushing.

I thought the belt would be the obvious part requiring replacement. I ordered one and will put it on tomorrow. But from getting a close look at it I'm not so sure it's the culprit.

Would my symptoms indicate a transmission issue? Anything I can do to check it?

My model and serial number:

HRX2172HXA
MAGA - 1674733

Robert, I'm real close to the Alpharetta HQ if you want me to swing by for a fix ;)

Jason

jmenear

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update:

Obtained a new belt and went to do the replacement. I found the belt slipped off the pulley on the shaft (the one that is on the engine).

Instead of just placing it back on I went ahead and replaced the belt.

The lawnmower ran fine after this. However a neighbor borrowed the mower and the belt came off again and shredded itself (it rubbed against the frame when it came off).

Is there a solution to this?

clusters4400

Threads
Have you made any adjustments to the cable? on my HRX if it is screwed out too far the wheels are always engaged.

I know its a dumb question, but did you replace the belt keeper on the output shaft? I put mine all back together the other day and realized I forgot that very important part....

jmenear

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you made any adjustments to the cable? on my HRX if it is screwed out too far the wheels are always engaged.

I haven't recently but I'm sure in past years I have. I could see this being the issue though. I will say my wheels don't turn all the time when the clutch is engaged.

I know its a dumb question, but did you replace the belt keeper on the output shaft? I put mine all back together the other day and realized I forgot that very important part....

I don't think so as I had no leftover parts ;) Maybe on a diagram you could reference which part is the belt keeper? I will certainly check it!

Thanks for the response.

clusters4400

Threads
I would say it looks like a horseshoe. has 2 bolts that attach near the output shaft, a google search yielded no usable results of it. shocker!