30" Toro Timemaster walk behind

gooddog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just an FYI..........I have a Timemaster that I bought in 2011. Love it, but have had to make a couple of repairs after about 5 years. New Bearings for the blade drive and a new transmission. I wash the mower after each use. Turns-out that this may have caused more harm than good. I had always been proud of myself for taking such good care of it. However, apparently they just aren't built to handle the moisture. Bearings seized and everything that wasn't painted rusted. :confused2:The repairs are fairly easy and well worth it. I'm not much of a mechanic, but it took me only about an hour and a half to put a new transmission in. It is like a new machine now. There are only a couple of choices in the large walk behind class and this machine is by far the best.

Dave

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just an FYI..........I have a Timemaster that I bought in 2011. Love it, but have had to make a couple of repairs after about 5 years. New Bearings for the blade drive and a new transmission. I wash the mower after each use. Turns-out that this may have caused more harm than good. I had always been proud of myself for taking such good care of it. However, apparently they just aren't built to handle the moisture. Bearings seized and everything that wasn't painted rusted. :confused2:The repairs are fairly easy and well worth it. I'm not much of a mechanic, but it took me only about an hour and a half to put a new transmission in. It is like a new machine now. There are only a couple of choices in the large walk behind class and this machine is by far the best.

Dave

I bought my second one last week. The one i have was bought new in 2014. The old one is in the shop getting gone through. We run them commercially. We primarily use zero turns but the Timemaster is incredible in so many places that we do not want to put a zero turn... or that there is a gate we can't get through.