Repairs what should the fuel pump vacuum be for a kawaski v-twin on a johndeere 345

billingsted

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / what should the fuel pump vacuum be for a kawaski v-twin on a johndeere 345
I have a johndeere 345 with a Kawasaki v-twin with a mechanical fuel pump. This mower acts like at times it's running out of fuel. I found the fuel line between the pump and fuel filter mostly collapsed and replaced it, not it, then noticed the fuel filter was not full and it looked like the fuel was siphoning into and though the filter. This is what brings me to the question how many inces of vacuum should the fuel pump pull, at present this one pulls about 13 is this enough ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / what should the fuel pump vacuum be for a kawaski v-twin on a johndeere 345
More than enough.
The inlet on most filters is at the end of the outer case but the inlet is about 1/2 way from the end so you get air pockets.
If it worries you fit the filter backwards they are not directional but being backwards you can not see the debris because it is inside the paper element.