1500z seat switch

Nod

Threads
I unhooked my seat switch on my 1500z because I thought it was bad. Mower cranks up but goes dead when I release the park break. I then jumper the two wires together, mower starts right up but goes dead when I release the park break. I put the switch back in and it works fine. It is just a two wire switch, why does jumping the wires together not work?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Because 1/2 wit no brained idiot morons with egos the size of a foot ball field continually post videos about how to bypass the safety switch as if they have just discovered the secret of perpetual motion.
Then even lower life forms decide that if it is on EWE - tube it must be good and follow suit.
So mower companies make more complicated seat switches .
There is never ever any sound reason for disconnecting the switch apart form strait bone lazyness or pig headed arrogance.
The new ones will have peizo electric switches that are impossible to bypass and cost 10 times as much

Jondee

Threads
Hi Nod-There are some times you would Iike to start your mower without any one sitting in the seat....I've been there. Try this: remove the switch and put a tie-wrap around the contact to make it appear electrically, that someone is sitting in the seat. See if that will work for you.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
All mower will start without some one in the seat.
Otherwise I and all the other techs, including those at home could not service them.

Nod

Threads
It has already been zip tied closed by the previous owner. I had a no start issue that ended up being a loose wire on the starter. I was really just curious how it works. It seems that jumping the seat switch wires would bypass the switch.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the switch.
Some are normally open some are normally closed.
The seat switch is part of two independent circuits
Seat + brake
Seat + PTO
Thses are then run in parallel to the magneto kill