Repairs 420 John Deere no spark

maacke

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking to see what I should try next to get a 420 John Deere running. Parked it one day and next day will not start. Engine turns over. Replaced spark plugs, ignition wires, fuel filter and have layed both spark plugs on the enging and don't get any spark from them. Fuel filter bowl gets full of fuel so I turned to having no spark as being the issue. Is there a safety switch that would kill the spark? Before this engine did seem to be loosing power but I thought it was in need of a tune up, which is why I replaced the above items. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
maacke

Black Bart

Threads
Looking to see what I should try next to get a 420 John Deere running. Parked it one day and next day will not start. Engine turns over. Replaced spark plugs, ignition wires, fuel filter and have layed both spark plugs on the enging and don't get any spark from them. Fuel filter bowl gets full of fuel so I turned to having no spark as being the issue. Is there a safety switch that would kill the spark? Before this engine did seem to be loosing power but I thought it was in need of a tune up, which is why I replaced the above items. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
maacke

You don't say what year but if it is new enough to have electronic ignition the module probably went bad have it checked.
If it is ok then check the coil.