By way of introduction

Titus213

Forum Newbie
Threads
New member - Titus213. I found this forum while searching for some help with my fairly new DR Walk Behind Field and Brush mower. It's powered by a Briggs 20 HP and I've had a few issues with it. It's in the shop now for, hopefully, warranty repairs. It started blowing some black smoke thru the exhaust. I added some SeaFoam to the gas (another suggestion from this forum) and it cleared up for a bit but shortly started doing the same thing. It deteriorated rapidly to the point where it would not start. I checked the valves as suggested here and adjusted them which got it started but not running great. It is now alternating between white smoke and black smoke. Having exhausted my mechanical abilities I opted for professional help. Unfortunately summer arrived this week in Washington and the shops are all backed up at least two weeks, some more than two months.

What the DR is used for - Two years ago this month we moved into our newly built retirement home on 34 acres of timber managed land in Washington state. While fir is the primary crop blackberries are running a close second, along with the normal assortment of briers and thorn bearing plant life, some of it over 13 feet high and nearly all of it capable of leaving you shredded and bleeding out behind the mower. The property is very rough (we have yet to get to the bottom acres because of the overgrowth) and much too steep for a normal small tractor with a brush hog attached. The DR seemed a perfect fit for what we are trying to accomplish.

Dave Norwood
NorwoodPhotos.com

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi, Dave. Welcome to the forum! :welcome: