Need help with Deck Engagement Cable

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mike what you are looking for is a C shaped item that is part of the right rear frame/ fender assembly. Looks like the C on the deck where the cable attaches to the deck but smaller.You may be able to see it when looking up from behind the right axle tube on the inside of the frame. Also removing the battery if under the seat, may give you assess to that item.

You have slide the cable up behind the right rear axle, insert the Z into the deck engagement lever ( removing battery under seat will give somewhat better assess) pull the rubber accordian off of the winged end of the cable, Slide the cable through the opening in the C, snap the wings into place like you do on the deck end and then put the accordian back down on the wing end.

What you are looking for is hard to reach, and even harder to see if you don't know what you are looking for. I did find a picture of what you are needing but it is security protected due to being a dealer only item. the C tab should be located slightly above the right rear axle.

Last edited:

Mike15

Forum Newbie
Threads
ILEngine, thank you for the in-depth reply. This is a big help. I will get into the project this weekend and post my success, I hope. :smile:

Thanks again,
Mike

Threads
Your machine is Not built by AYD for Sears, thus the difference in the cables & location. It is build by the parent company of MTD which builds several brands
for the major sellers, including Sears-the last 5-10 years.

I have an old spare mover with the same setup, I looked several weeks ago, but could not tell how it is hooked up, due to late evening light.
I will in the next few days, take a little more time & look again. I had been sick the last few days, under this 94 Degree weather, here, so I am a little slow for now.
I will post after I look.

Mike15

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply, Retired Pedler. I've been very busy myself and haven't had time to look into this further. Hopefully, I can get to it this weekend. I'll post my findings.

Mike15

Forum Newbie
Threads
ILENGINE, the clip is exactly where you said. I connected the cable with little effort, and it works fine.

Thank you for the information and help.

Mike

Easy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not an expert but I have a John Deere L111 with a similar cable. Mine has a bracket a few inches to the left and has a hole and a slot and is where the roundish part goes. It is pretty self explanatory on mine. The bracket is part of the assembly bracket.