Engine Twin Briggs Stalls

joemac1958

Forum Newbie
Threads
Since I've owned it I've had to run with partial choke or it would stall. It would take spells while mowing where it would start to die. I'd engage clutch and play with choke. It would clear up and start running fine again. It has the 4 screw fuel pump type carb and I have been assuming the carb & pump needed a rebuild. Well I was mowing yesterday and it stopped in spite of all the tricks that had worked last year it died and will not restart .
While looking up parts to order I saw a fuel solenoid in parts list. I've read up a little on this part and would like to rule this out as a problem. However I can't seem to find the physical location. I don't see any wires running to the carb at all???. The tank is below the carb so I read that if the solenoid was in the carb bowl it can be replaced with a bolt without fuel leaking from tank. It is a SAFETY device and am not advocating it be disabled......I'd just like to find mine. Both filters are new.
#1. Does my problem sound like fuel pump needs to be rebuilt?
#2. Could it be a intermittent fuel solenoid?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
sounds like the old opposed twin briggs. most didn't have a fuel solenoid so you may not have one. that carb seems to have problems with any small amount of junk in the carb will cause run problems. it could be a case were the fuel pump is not pumping fuel when it gets hot. had one on a intek last year in the shop that did that but it was the round plastic one above the valve cover and not mounted to the carb. most likely a fuel pump problem or something floating around inside of the fuel bowl.

joemac1958

Forum Newbie
Threads
sounds like the old opposed twin briggs. most didn't have a fuel solenoid so you may not have one. that carb seems to have problems with any small amount of junk in the carb will cause run problems. it could be a case were the fuel pump is not pumping fuel when it gets hot. had one on a intek last year in the shop that did that but it was the round plastic one above the valve cover and not mounted to the carb. most likely a fuel pump problem or something floating around inside of the fuel bowl.

Thanks for reply....The engine was built November 15, 2001. Also do you have an on-line parts seller you would recommend for these type engines?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm an authorzed service center for multiple brands including the briggs engine so I don't deal much with on-line parts sellers.

joemac1958

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm an authorzed service center for multiple brands including the briggs engine so I don't deal much with on-line parts sellers.

Oh ok.....Well thank you very much for the time you spend on here helping others...